Search results

1. T

196cc Clone - First and Safe Mods

Cut the throttle stop screw and be sure you are getting full throttle. Check the return spring as it may coil bind, if it does, like mine did, I cut some off and then stretched the spring to make it the same original length. went from 19mph to 24.
  2. T

Fox Campus Mini Bike

Hey mxWelder, I have a Fox Campus as well and also live in central NY. Sauquoit to be exact. Where are you at?
  3. T

Help! Need advice on tuning a Mukuni 22 Carb on a Stock Predator 212cc non-Hemi

Do you know what jets are in it now? When I built my clone a number of years ago I ended up with a 130main and a 15pilot (I think, it’s been a while)
  4. T

Baja Warrior owners , what exhaust/header clears the frame ?

That’s cool to see you have one of Robertson’s new pipes for the Warrior. I emailed them last fall and he told me they were working on a pipe for the warrior. A few months later he sent me a picture of it but it didn’t have the flipper. I’m currently building an engine for mine and will likely...
  5. T

Predator 212cc hemi swap. Valve float???

I think you may be experiencing valve float. The predator hemi’s will float the valves at not much past 5000rpm with the stock springs as the valve train is heavier than that in the regular clones. Do you think you are running it that high? If you go with stiffer springs please put an...
  6. T

196cc clone vs 212cc Predator

No Replacement For Displacement!
  7. T

212 hemi cam recommendation?

Have you checked out the Isky Black Mamba Jr.? I’ve heard a lot of good reviews on it for a lower rpm cam. I’m currently building a hemi and that is the cam I have for it. Why not look at a cam with a little more lift? You leaving power on the table without taking advantage of say a 275 lift...
  8. T

predator 212 5w40?

FWIW, I also use a lot of the T6 5w-40 in my tractors and also use it in most of my small engines and have not had any issues what so ever. It is a good synthetic oil with a higher zinc content which is good for these flat tappet engines.
  9. T

Feedback - Advice - Predator

On a genuine Mikuni 22mm try a 125 or 130main jet to start, along with a 15 to 17.5 pilot. Out of the box they come way to lean. Carb has an o ring on the flange so no gasket needed but between the engine and intake you need a plain ole paper gasket, nothing special.
  10. T

Hemi build started

Never heard of running without the main, lol. But it should work, main jet is for upper part of throttle as they said. Could be an ignition problem as danford said. What’s the coil gap? Spark plug cracked? I’ve had engines in the past that would idle and take light throttle but die after any...
  11. T

Hemi build started

You say the needle s in the lowest position. Is the c clip in the top or bottom notch of the needle? Bottom notch would be the richest position. What pilot jet are you running?
  12. T

Hemi build started

Do you know where your compression ratio is at right now?
  13. T

Terrible failure!

You said you have a tm22. The TM series are flat slide carbs and the smallest is a 24mm. Welcome to Mikuni Power - TM Series Carburetors The real vm22 (not clone) has the hex jets. And yes the Mikuni 22mm comes with a main jet that is too small for our application. Welcome to Mikuni Power - VM...
  14. T

Terrible failure!

I need to check tomorrow to be sure, but I'm pretty sure you need about a 130 main jet for the 22mm Mikuni. Maybe someone else can chime in....
  15. T

Cam, Timing, and Rocker Ratio for Low RPM torque build HEMI mud motor

You do some nice work! The exhaust is nice!
  16. T

Clutch Questions

Need more info. What clutch and how many teeth? Can you lower the idle more? How tight is the chain?
  17. T

things to be Aware of with Baja Warrior bikes > picture Heavy

This is a good thread. I just bought one of these last week fairly cheap. It's seen some use but the tires look like new, fenders are beat up, but all in all its all there. Over the winter I will tear into it and check the motor mount and welds, and as a result of this post weld in some...
  18. T

Honda/clone Stage 4 engine kit ?s

What is your end goal and budget? Is your original engine in good shape, does it have a lot of hours on it. There are many good build threads on here if you search around with lots of info.
  19. T

Tass 928's Open class "Doodlebus"

Now that it has warmed up a bit, any videos of this yet?