Search results

1. DreyeIce

Old army engine worth a resto?

It looks like a briggs to me.. but is this engine worth the 50... or possible 40 if i can get it for a resto, looks like s pretty cool peice :D army generator - St. Catharines Tools & Hardware For Sale - Kijiji St. Catharines Canada. love engines and army stuff... but is it worth that...
  2. DreyeIce

RUPP Hustler, nice, 2 hs40's w/ all parts

I have a 1972 RUPP hustler thats pretty much stock. as far as i can tell it has all original parts (even the original RUPP manufacturing sticker under the seat foam) and it runs pretty good with the HS40 thats on it. Theres that HS40 thats on it and runs, and then theres the stock engine that...
  3. DreyeIce

TAV or salsbury driven unit,

im fed up with the TAV1 on my rupp locking up and not working right, does anyone have a 20 or 30 series TAV driven or i seen someone here that uses a salsbury unit? im looking for anything, thanks
  4. DreyeIce

TAV problems??

I have a TAV that came stock on my hustler, i got a new HS40 and mounted evrything up. with the belt sorta loose it squealed a bit and i had to push off to start, it had a very slow start up. when i pushed the motor back to get the belt to rest more on the idles, when it starts it sqeauls...
  5. DreyeIce

HS40 governor arm holes? up or down?

today using some stainsless steel bar i perfected my HS40 throttle to governor linkage with springs and all, very happy with how it turned out, only problem is ATM i have the pull rod in the middle hole of the maybe 8 on that governor arm, and it dosent rev very high at all, cant even get my TAV...
  6. DreyeIce

Hs40 side covers

i have 2 HS40 engines, 1 original RUPP with a bearing side cover (motor is trash, cylinder is shot) and it has a longer shaft, and another with a bushing side cover and a shaft thats about 1" shorter. im dissasembling the motor for paint in a few weeks, should i use the crank and side cover...
  7. DreyeIce

HS40 Head,

for some reason when snugging up my plug td it went totally loose and i ripped out all the threads in the plug hole :( anyone got a spare??
  8. DreyeIce

new HS40 wont start, whats wrong here?

I got another HS40 from a guy locally to replace my basically worn-out dead hs40 that came with my rupp. the motor i got is IDENTICAL in every way, exept its white in color. so heres my problem,i put my rupp carb on the motor, checked spark and all, put in fresh gas and gave it a pull and...
  9. DreyeIce

RUPP Hustler, what to do?

I have a 72 rupp hustler, with the original HS40, problem is it runs very poor, itll idle, but when put under ANY load it bogs right out, so i got a free briggs 5hp that runs very strong. the briggs is mounted in the bike, but i have alot of problems, 1, i cant figure out a good way to run...
  10. DreyeIce

manifold for dellorto carb,

i have a spare 24mm dellorto carb, but i cant seem to find a manifold to put the carb onto a 5hp briggs, i wanted to use it in my rupp hustler, any leads would be great, i would get one made, but i dont have acsess to anything atm, id rather buy one :)
  11. DreyeIce

Is it worth it?

i got a free briggs 5hp, low runtime, only used a few winters on a snowthrower, i want to buya new mikuni 26mm carb (30$) and get the crank machined to accept a bolt to hold the TAV (60$) tonight i just cleaned up the ports and removed the eyebrows on it, ' like if i DO get the crank...
  12. DreyeIce

Briggs carb swap,

ok, so i have a pretty stock briggs 5hp, i cleaned up the ports, and shaved the brows a bit, removed ez-start and a thin head gasket, it has mad compression and bangs hard on every stroke, it my hardest running briggs i have ever owned anyways, ATM it has a techumseh carb on it that has a...
  13. DreyeIce

Float or diafram?

i was looking for a new tilly carb for my briggs 5hp, and i was wondering.... float or diafram? both work for the CC range of the motor, but which is better, i run a techumseh float carb now, and like it, and a guy near me runs a 24mm diafram carb from a chainsaw on his 5hp, and it runs like...
  14. DreyeIce

How do i know its tuned right?

i have a briggs 5hp with a techumseh carb off an HS40 motor, it has a 6" pipe with a standard briggs sausage muffler on the end, i dont know if im running lean, or rich, it seems if i turn the screw 1 turn in or out, it dosent do anything, when i hit the throttle, it had a delay till it...
  15. DreyeIce

Ungoverned Briggs 5hp life

with regular oil changes, and evryhting optimal, how long should it last ungoverned? i used a heavy spring to pull the gov. arm down and hold it there so i didnt have to open it up and take out all the gov stuff, is this ok? and cant i just put a little stop on the carb butterly and that...
  16. DreyeIce

Fuel filters, pump and non pump?

i like to run filters, and i have had the same briggs 150 micron filter for many years, and its flow has gotten kinda weak, but it clearly says for use with no fuel pump engines, i recently went to some yellow 1/4" tygon tubing and i wanted one of these style fuel filters to clearly see fuel...
  17. DreyeIce

briggs runs funny,

ok, i got a briggs 5hp with a techumseh carb off an HS40, and a slanted manifold from the HS40 all to go on my rupp, so it started very first pull, and ran great, but the idle was a tad high, so i lowered it a bit, and it just stopped, started it up again, with the idle back where it was...
  18. DreyeIce

Governor set?

how do i know when my Gov. is set properly? i have a briggs 5hp with a techumseh flat carb, right after re-build, first pull it roared to life, i love it with a straight pipe :thumbsup: anyways, it idles nice off the choke, but im not sure how to go about connecting the governor back to...
  19. DreyeIce

Stock needle settings,

somebody told me a while ago, but for the life of me, i cant remember, nor could i find it in the search, so i have a carb, the stocker from an HS-40 mounted on a briggs 5hp, whats the stock settings on it? it never ran right before, so i did a carb rebuild and i want to try it again with...
  20. DreyeIce

How do i run a light?

I did a briggs 5hp swap on my RUPP hustler, and right now, inbetween the upper forks, i have a #9 pitbike thing so it dosent look so bare, i have a few spare baja KC lights from my offraders, and the smaller one i have, fits nice and can be mounted in-between the forks, how do these motors...