Search results

1. G

rake angle/caster of forks

Application is just a general purpose minibike to be used a street and some dirt . Thanks
  2. G

rake angle/caster of forks

what rake angle do you want when assembling a basic minibike frame? or how much positive caster do you want? thanks Gene
  3. G

frame jig

anyone have any pics of a frame jig used for welding up a minibike frame? only found a pic of one in search feature. thanks
  4. G

first mini

most of the mini bike frames I have seen and made I made out of 7/8 od,14gauge tubing. 1/2"- 16 gauge square tubing will probably bend . around here in chicago 7/8 d.o.m 14 gauge tubing will run about 2.75-3.10 a foot. a 20ft length of 1" square tubing 14 gauge is about 25.00 a length.
  5. G

6x48 belt sander/9in. disc

have any recommendations for a decent 6x48 belt sander for grinding and forming metal? most of the lower priced ones say they are just for wood. the jet ones are nice but very expensive.
  6. G

first mini

give www.gokartgalaxy .com a look. cheapest prices I have found on a lot of parts.
  7. G

harbor freight greyhound engines

could'nt believe it but just received the new harbor freight Labor day sale flyer and on the back page there is a coupon for the 6.5 hp greyhound engine for 99.00 .
  8. G

harbor freight greyhound engines

anyone ever use one of these engines for there minibike? how are they for durability?
  9. G

1971 Manco Chopper Mini Bike

great job, looking at it reminds me of the evil knievel days.
  10. G

chopper style gas tank

anyone no where you can purchase aftermarket gas tank for a chopper style mini bike project?
  11. G

Help on a 3.5hp briggs.

did you change the points when you overhauled it? do you have good spark? did you run a compression check to see if you have good compression? how is the flywheel key?
  12. G

car guy , son getting into minibikes and go karts

use to have a few minibikes back in the day,son is know getting into them now. found a older bird engineering go kart in the garbage that we picked picked out, along with a partial minibike frame. does anyone know when bird eng. went out of business? lot of good info here on you forum. Gene
  13. G

tec. head milling

has anyone milled the head down on a tec.hs4.0? do you think there would be a performance gain if you mill the head like .030 down to raise the compression ratio?
  14. G

What have you bought from Harbor freight lately?

bought a 50lb. box of glass beads and 25lb. box of alum. oxide blast media.
  15. G

Smallbore , I like your dies also, can you email me at hondtec@yahoo.com so I can get a price...

Smallbore , I like your dies also, can you email me at hondtec@yahoo.com so I can get a price for a 7/8 and 1" die set. thanks Gene
  16. G

tubing bender dies

if you where going to make minibike and go kart frames which 2 die sets clr would you get ? it would be for the grizzly tubing bender. which looks the same as the harbor freight one. thanks Gene