Search results

1. P

GX390 Header Needed - Anybody have one?

Anyone have one of these gx390 headers? Just a basic 90 degree header is fine.. It's going on the 390 Clone that I've put into this Baja Warrior.. PM me if you have anything. thanks
  2. P

Baja Warrior with gx390 - Jackshaft or Not?

I'm deciding on whether to put the effort in making a new jackshaft plate and mount to go with this gx390 i've mounted onto this Baja Warrior.. Is it worth it or does the GX390 have enough torque to pull this bike up hills without a jackshaft?? I have the stock rear sprocket for the warrior...
  3. P

Centrifugal CLutch for GX390 Clone 1" Shaft

ANybody know where I purchase a centrifual clutch for a 1" shaft clone? doesn't have to be a fancy race clutch.. I have this 390 going into a baja warrior, should be fun when finsihed
  4. P

Short Video of Clone Powered MiniBaja

Here's a video we took today while playing with our mini's.. This is my bike in the video which doesn't have a Tav2 on it, running a Max torque clutch and it outperforms the tav2 equipped bikes .. I eat them on acceleration and in the trails.. The mods done to the engine are listed on...
  5. P

Help Me Decide what to do next

So many choices for upgrades but I can't decide which ones would be best. :doah: I'm using my Baja Mini for a trail bike so top end power or top speed is not necessary.. So far I have done some basic mods to the engine which has made quite a difference over stock. My goal here is to keep...
  6. P

Stock Cam + 1.3 Rockers ?

Anybody run 1.3 rockers with the stock cam? NR -Racing says these rockers will give .297 lift with a stock camshaft..
  7. P

Bored Clone Carb vs Bored Honda Carb

What's the difference between the 2? Has anybody actually tried both and noticed anything? I'm upgrading my valvetrain soon so i'm probably going to go with a bored carb.. Just wondering if the Honda carb is that much better? Also how do you guys re-jet a bored carb? I'm running a 90 jet...
  8. P

What to do next?

I'm running a 6.5 clone in my Baja Mini, i'm deciding what I should do next for some added power. Keep in mind this bike is actually used for trails/ climbing hills so I'm not looking to make a drag engine that turns 8000+rpm, I want to keep it around 6500rpm. I'm still using the jackshaft on...
  9. P

Head Milling

How much have you guys milled off your gx200 or clone heads without troubles? I'm taking mine in to get done in the morning so I'd like an idea on a safe amount.. I'm running the stock dished piston and factory head gasket. Would .060 be fine? thanks
  10. P

Connection Rod no bearings?

After taking apart my 6.5 clone today I noticed the connecting rod has no bearings in it? When I ordered my billet rod it says it comes with bearing inserts. Does the aftermarket rod have the rod cap machined out to accommodate bearings? I would assume the bearings are sized to work with the...
  11. P

running rough after drilling jets

I drilled out the main jet in my stock clone carb to .035 which is supposed to be a size 89 or 90 jet size. after I installed the jet back in the engine would not run wide open. It was running very rich puffing black smoke and running rough almost like the choke was 1/2 open. The only mods to...
  12. P

6.5HP Clone Engine Mods - Which to do first?

Hey guys, I have a Baja Minibike with the stock 196cc engine. So far the only mods I have done to it is governor bypass and MaxTorque clutch. The bike will do just over 30mph with me on it being 204lbs.. My question now is what engine mods could I do for a bit more power. I know ARC racing has...