Search results

1. D

cylinder hone question.

so, when it comes to setting the pressure on the hone, i should go fairly light right?
  2. D

cylinder hone question.

i was told today by a mechanic a 3 stone type hone will work fine (especially on bigger bores) with the use of AFT/kerosene. I was told i just have to do it enough to break the glaze, and it won't take much material out.
  3. D

cylinder hone question.

Will a spring loaded, stone type hone take off more material than a ball bottle brush type hone? I have to hone a couple engines including a gx390 and a 6.2l diesel, and want to take off the least material required for honing to enable the rings to sit properly. So, which would be better for my...
  4. D

gx160 flywheel on gx200?

Here are pics of the two flywheels on the clone engine. The once which the lines match up on is the honda gx160 flywheel.
  5. D

how fast can everyones mini bike go??

My completely home build mini bike with a ratio of 5.4:1 and a 15 inch diameter tire can go 69.7KM/h or 43.3MPH (GPS verified) on a loose gravel road. I am expecting to get in the mid 70's-low 80's(KM/h) once on an acutal road (i live on a farm). Also the engine has a gx160 head and flywheel.
  6. D

pit in bore a problem?

Exactly my thoughts on the situation. Anyways, the engine runs amazing since i put a home built header on as well as gx160 head and flywheel.
  7. D

gx160 flywheel on gx200 clone

Today i put a honda gx160 head and flywheel on my gx200 clone. There is a lot more compression , and apparently 4 degrees more timing from the flywheel. i took a couple pics to show the difference between the two. The pic which the marks lines up is the one with the gx160 flywheel on.
  8. D

pit in bore a problem?

Ya, i have come to the conclusion that is a casting fault, and i am not going to worry about it.
  9. D

Missing Lash Cap- Problem or no?

On a related note, why is it that only the exhaust valve has a lash cap?
  10. D

Missing Lash Cap- Problem or no?

I am fairly sure only the exhaust has a lash cap, and that the intake does not.
  11. D

pit in bore a problem?

i took the head off of my gx200 clone to swap in a gx160 head. I looked at the bore, and it looks perfect except for a pit near the bottom of the bore. could it affect anything?
  12. D

what gear ratio?

Well, i fixed the tensioner. It is now putting tension on the bottom part of the chain, and the chain is much more stable as a result. i will post a pic in a little.
  13. D

what gear ratio?

does it matter it its on the top or bottom?:confused:
  14. D

what gear ratio?

went with the 54 tooth rear sprocket, and added a idler sprocket for a spring loaded tensioner. Here it is....
  15. D

what gear ratio?

With a gx200 clone, and a 15 inch diameter rear tire, what do you guys think will be my best gear ratio? right now the clutch has 10 teeth and the rear sprocket has 45. I need to go with a higher tooth count in the rear, but what should i go with, 54 or 60?
  16. D

gx160 flywheel on gx200?

Does a gx160 flywheel on a gx200 give a 4 degree advance? I thought i read it somewhere, but want to make sure.
  17. D

Mellga Diesel Motor

Where did you get the engine from and how much?
  18. D

my mini(ish) bike project.

going to fab up a header in the next few days.
  19. D

What do ya guys think?
  20. D

I finally have a video uploaded, here it is.:smile: YouTube - home made mini bike