1. M

Wanted: Bonanza Mini Chopper Seat

Found what I was looking for. Thanks Dave! -Marc
  2. M

Dave Miller Bonanza Parts

Outstanding, thanks!
  3. M

Dave Miller Bonanza Parts

Sorry if this is a dumb question, maybe I'm missing something.. I was wondering if anyone has any current contact info for Dave Miller? The email and phone numbers that I've found from the Bonanza parts website, and DMC are no good. I'm looking to get in touch with him in regards to a Bonanza...
  4. M

Anyone? I'll even take just the fiberglass under pan if someone has one..
  5. M

I'm looking for a Bonanza mini chopper seat. It's the banana style with the side grommet mounting holes and high back. Complete seat with fiberglass under pan is prefered, but if someone has just the fiberglass under pan, I can make that work as well.. Let me know what you have. Thanks, -Marc
  6. M

Tecumseh Manufacture date by style

Yes sir, 1979. -Marc
  7. M

Predator 212 - Breaking In - Most important part of an engines life.

Run it balls out right out of the box. They are built as throw away engines.. If it blows up, clip another coupon and take a ride to Harbor Freight..
  8. M

Thanks guys.. Hopefully this will help eliminate some of the question when trying to narrow down the mfg date.. -Marc
  9. M

Since this has been a question that comes up a lot lately, here is an ID guide that covers the 4 major differences in Tecumseh small frame flatheads over the years. This is by no means set in stone, and I encourage anyone who can add to this, please feel free to share any further info or photos...
  10. M

decade identification

Yeah, the shroud & actual recoil are usually a very good indicator.
  11. M

HS40 Throttle linkage and Governor Spring

Google HS40 throttle, then go to images. There's a ton of linkage diagrams, setup photos, and exploded views of what you need.
  12. M

Tecumseh cosmetic restoration

It's a 1991.
  13. M

Cold Weather Starting?

My reliable Tecumseh HS50 on my snowblower starts no problem in the lovely -10 to -15 below Chicago weather.. My minibikes sleep through winter.. Haha.
  14. M

Tecumesh Engine ID

Im gonna say 1967, just based on the smaller shroud, split steel tank, and riveted ID tag with a Lauson reference. I think a 1977 would have the numbers stamped in the shroud, and have a plastic tank. This one looks pretty original.
  15. M

NOS (2004) Tecumseh H35 3.5hp $100

It's a 1994, that chrome 3.5HP shroud decal is dead give away. Plus it's got an adjustable carb, which were gone by 2004.
  16. M

what are they?

Happy to help. Just be careful trying to mount a clone in it. The Blackjack frames have a unique shape with some tight clearances, and were designed around the Tecumseh HS40/HS50. I've seen a couple of horrible chop jobs on Craigslist where people mangled the rear frame rails just so they could...
  17. M

what are they?

Here are my two blackjacks.. The first one is the older of the two, and has been restored to new. The second one is an untouched complete original.
  18. M

what are they?

Yup, the first black bike is a Blackjack, made by John's Kart Shop in Chicago back in the 80's till the early 90's. The ones with the 6" wheels & Bonanza chopper seat were the early ones, while the later ones had the 8" wheels and a standard Azusa type seat. Somewhere in the middle you'll see a...
  19. M

OldMiniBikes opening slow?

Yup, having the same problem.