Search results

1. L

Question about carburetor idle screw

Well my question is about my 6.5HP motor not wanting to stay started after turning the choke off. Just notice this today, and didn't have much time to mess with it atm. But I do know I removed the governor plastic gear from inside the motor when I first got it, which has been probably two years...
  2. L

Doodlebug seat question

Was wondering if anyone knew a place who sells seats for the doodlebug?
  3. L

Doodlebug needs new tires

Well I'm wondering who sells tires for this bike? I'm kind of looking for street tires, because the stock ones don't last long riding on the road. I need both front and back tires.
  4. L

DB tires question

Well he rides his mini bike at the track mostly, so most of the riding is on the road. Well I don't think there is a Tractor Supply around here. So I maybe SOL. I might just have to order them online for him. I was just trying to buy them locally because his back tire is in need of changing...
  5. L

DB tires question

I know this has been probably talked about before, But I'm just too tired to search tonight, and might forget later. Anyways as for the tire question, I'm wondering is it possible to find a tire for these bikes locally? Or gotta order some from the net? This is not for me but someone else. so...
  6. L

Noisy MB165 Brakes... Remedies???

Yes every Baja MB165 does this, the only real way to get rid of this problem is to do your own disc brakes, which can cost a decent amount, and you have to do the work yourself. This is really the biggest negative on these bikes. But as I see it, I rather have brakes, and a little noise then...
  7. L

Another TAV question

Ok thanks, I know it probably sounds like a silly question. I just like being on the safe side.:smile:
  8. L

Another TAV question

Well I put mine on yesterday, and the instruction said to put 24FP of torque on the bolts that hold down the Driver, and Driven. Do you think me puting more then that would hurt anything? Because the torque wrench I was using acted up on me alittle, and I think I put alittle more the what the...
  9. L

Gtc has tav2

I will keep you guys posted. Anyways anyone here who has used, or owned a Tav, Like to give me alittle info on how there bikes worked with a Tav installed? I understand with this 36T rear sprocket, I don't expect the bike to do wheelies. But I did think the bike would pick up speed just as good...
  10. L

Gtc has tav2

I didn't see anywhere besides the plate saying USA on it. So thats a no, and its anyone's guess if its USA made or not. I'm just alittle disappointed on the mid-range speed, because it seems to not pick up speed as fast, as it did with the Jackshaft the MB165 comes with. But I will have to put...
  11. L

Gtc has tav2

Well I got it on my bike today, and I must say I wasn't very impressed with it. Maybe I was expecting too much. The bike does seem like it has alittle more take off power. But it seems when its in mid range, the bike kind of falls off(slows down). I know before my bike ran between 40-45mph, I...
  12. L

My Baja Warrior

These are very nice bikes IMO. But if you do plan to ride these things in bumpy area's, it might be a good ideal to add rear shocks sometime in the future. Besides that, these bikes are very good for doing what you need. I have myself a MB165, and I plan to add a real gas tank, probably a...
  13. L

MB165 Brake question

Yeah thats what I think is part of the problem now, I think they are rubbing alittle, not all the time, but they stick sometimes, and I gotta pull the brake for it to loosen back up. So I'm gunna give them a real good cleaning this week.
  14. L

MB165 Brake question

Well I plan to lightly sand the inside, and clean the pads with brake cleaner. If it takes most the squeaking away, then great. I don't mind alittle squeaking because i am kind of use to it. But the all the time squeaking I have been having lately, has drove me nuts. I plan to do this, and...
  15. L

Got pulled over...

Well I have been lucky enough to not have been in direct contact with the cops. But yesterday Me, My bro, and my niece, were riding around are neighborhood. I was on the MB165, bro on his four wheeler, and niece on the DB. We rode around for like 20 or so minutes. We put the bikes up, and about...
  16. L

MB165 Brake question

Yeah I think the brake might be alittle tight. But I think I'm gunna take the drum brake completely off this week, and clean, and lightly sand the inside of the drum. Hopefully this, and loosing the brake alittle will get rid of some of the squeaking sound. I know these kind of brakes just do...
  17. L

Noob Help!!!

If you have removed the governor gear from inside the motor, yes you need to add the return spring, in the first picture, or it will make the bike run wide open once started. Here's another tip, once the governor gear has been removed. The motor will need full choke at all times to pretty much...
  18. L

Baja Heat\Warrior 36T sprocket

I would have to disagree with this, Because I don't have a TAV on mine yet. Just removed governor, and added a 36T sprocket, and it will take off and keep up with my bros Four wheeler till he hits close to 5th gear. Which by then hes going 45+mph. Yes you do lose alittle take off with the...
  19. L

Gtc has tav2

Thats why its always good to check your food before eating. Because let me find someone has spit on my food. I will go in that store and whoop someone's ass real quick. Trust me I will go to jail over it, but i'm pretty sure the asshole who did it will be going with me. I do understand how some...
  20. L

Gtc has tav2

Yeah what bothers me most about it, is don't post a item as "In Stock, and Ready to ship" if thats not the case. Because it was a whole week after I placed the order before it shipped, then another week once it got shipped. So that took 2 weeks. Then once I notice one of the main parts missing...