Search results

1. jedimast5

Taco 55 restoration "FINALLY"

Its been awhile since I have been on here. A quick flashback. In 1992 when i was 11 years old i was looking the the Recycler classified ads for parts for my my minibike, i ran across a ad posting "minibike $20" My dad drove me to Compton ca. where the seller showed me to the is back yard beat...
  2. jedimast5

junkyard find

any info would be great
  3. jedimast5

cant remember the name of the minibike

a couple of months ago there was a thread about a rebuild project. the bike had sheet metal or fiberglass rear fender that cover the entire tire and i believe some of the frame. also i think it had panel cevering some of the engine area. i keep leaning towards a steens minibike before tacos...
  4. jedimast5

just curious

I am a Hot Rod magazine subscriber and seen this pic in one of the articles. he is a photographer bob D Olivio. just wondering what kinda of bike he is riding. i like the single down tube. the pic was taken in the late 50s.
  5. jedimast5

A visit to TacoBill"s minibike mecca

After joining this website a couple of months ago I have talked to some very intresting Taco enthusiasts. All have gave me great tips and knowledge. But yesterday I got invited to to Tacobills house. I took my 65 taco 55 with me to show him and to get some tips and advice on how to restore it...
  6. jedimast5

not the bike but the engine

found this box next to my forgotten taco 55 minibike i had stored for about 20 years. it was my dads motor he bought from a swap meet about 20+ yrs ago. the seller told him its to be mounted on any bike mainly beach cruiser styler bikes. as you can see in pics there is no identifying...
  7. jedimast5

need 2 frames identified, possible taco??

i had the rusty frame for awhile now pretty sure its a taco 22 but unsure due to no serial numbers. it may be one of the copy tacos. its and vintage frame because i got 20 plus years ago. this is another frame i got recently, have no idea what it is
  8. jedimast5

Taco 55 engine?????

Most of you have seen my minibike, western flyer, taco 22, taco 55. My concern is the taco 55 engine. From reading steen taco minibike website the 55 came with either the power products ah 58 or the west bend 580 or 700. Now comparing my engine to the discription on sterns they look nothing...
  9. jedimast5

New to this site not to minibikes

Hi guys I am sure glad i found this forum about minibikes. I cant tell you how much info i found out in the last 24 hours. I have a couple of minibikes that i knew nothing about there history not even there names. I have customize 2 of my bikes couple of years ago for my 2 sons. i am about to...