Search results

1. F

White smoke from carb?

Pulled the plug and she's SOAKED. Guess that explains the stalling... Thanks guys!
  2. F

White smoke from carb?

Oh. Either way, do you think adjusting my idle will help with the stalling after riding for awhile?
  3. F

White smoke from carb?

My moped runs fine up until its been running and riding for about 15 mins. After that it starts to die on me while I'm riding at like 35. It will keep going as long as I'm giving it gas, but as soon as I stop, it dies. After it dies, I notice a little bit of white smoke coming out of the air...
  4. F

Need some help with moped

The doodlebug engine I have seized a long time ago, so your carb wouldnt be any help. Thanks anyways man, and thanks for your help
  5. F

Good news. I got the moped to work. I raided my old doodlebug engine's carb for its float spring and then cut it to the right size. Thing works like a charm now
  6. F

The part I need is a spring that pushes down the float needle. I can check on the carb tonight for some model numbers
  7. F

The part I need is attached to the rubber tipped float needle. If I buy that part from that website do you think it will come with the spring?
  8. F

Here's some pictures of the carb. I fix the leak by reseating the float valve. It runs but not for long. It sputters out within seconds. I think that this is caused by the spring not being there. If someone could identify what kind of carb I have by the pictures that'd be great
  9. F

So I guess I need a new float spring. Anyone know a place where I can buy one cheap? Or have an extra on hand that I could maybe buy?
  10. F

Today I took the carb off my moped to clean it. I gave it to the friend and he made the float fall off the carb by accident. I found all the pieces to it except the float spring. I put it on without the spring but now when the fuel goes into the carb it just leaks out some random holes on the...
  11. F

Lawnmower go cart

Well right now I'm considering taking the front wheels and turning my DB into a trike. I have lots of ideas for this lawnmower so I'd rather not sell it
  12. F

Lawnmower go cart

Oh I guess it wouldn't work too well then. Thanks for the input anyway guys
  13. F

Lawnmower go cart

My parents just decided to buy a new riding mower and said I could have the old one. Someone told me if you take the mowing deck off they can go pretty fast. Is that true? It has a 17hp engine in it
  14. F

A quick note for people about to put a 6.5hp on their Doodlebug.

I learned never to accelerate around a turn. It's just a bad idea. I lose control on my 2.8 doing that
  15. F

Supercharger?

If you pay shipping you can have the whole thing for free
  16. F

Supercharger?

Need another baja 97cc? I have one with no throttle linkage, a clutch in two pieces, and the end of the crankshaft on the recoil side is stripped. But everything else works!
  17. F

Free 2.8 engine anyone?

I did an engine swap on my DB and I still have the original 2.8hp Lifan. The clutch is in two pieces, it has no throttle linkage, and the end of the crankshaft is stripped on the recoil Would anyone want this? You'd just have to pay the shipping cost I'm guessing it could be used for parts
  18. F

Doodlebug 6.5 engine swap kit

I weigh 210 and you can ride the stock engine but it tends to take awhile to accelerate with that much weight and hill climbs are impossible. $35 is about normal for a new clutch. I'll see if I can rip the clutch off my old lifan 2.8hp engine and I'll send it to ya for free if you just pay...
  19. F

My db30 snapped its frame in 2 places

Jumping DBs is bad for your frame. Wheelies are fine though as long as you don't flip
  20. F

My db30 snapped its frame in 2 places

Damn how'd you do that?