Need some help with moped

Today I took the carb off my moped to clean it. I gave it to the friend and he made the float fall off the carb by accident. I found all the pieces to it except the float spring. I put it on without the spring but now when the fuel goes into the carb it just leaks out some random holes on the side of the carb. Can anyone tell me if this is because of the float spring missing? And if it is, can you help me figure out a way to fix it? Also, this is a 2001 Tomos Targa ST moped with an A35 engine

125ccCrazy

Today I took the carb off my moped to clean it. I gave it to the friend and he made the float fall off the carb by accident. I found all the pieces to it except the float spring. I put it on without the spring but now when the fuel goes into the carb it just leaks out some random holes on the side of the carb. Can anyone tell me if this is because of the float spring missing? And if it is, can you help me figure out a way to fix it? Also, this is a 2001 Tomos Targa ST moped with an A35 engine
you will need all the parts and put together correctly...no juryrigging it together...

post a picture of your carb, or get the numbers off the carb body somewhere. dellorto carb most likely. And yes, you will definitely need that spring. Without it, your flooding will not go away by itself. might wanna go invest in a 8 dollar magnet at Northern Tool or home depot and scan the area your friend dropped all the pieces. Could save you having to buy a complete rebuild kit. However, the rebuild kit for those carbs are probably not much - $11-18 dollars maybe.

You might try emailing this guy - i bought some parts for my Tomos TX50 from him a while back. He carries a carb for an A35 engine, but might have a rebuild kit that he's not listing. I believe he specializes in Mopeds.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carb...itemZ400107312673QQptZOtherQ5fVehicleQ5fParts

Last edited:

Here's some pictures of the carb. I fix the leak by reseating the float valve. It runs but not for long. It sputters out within seconds. I think that this is caused by the spring not being there. If someone could identify what kind of carb I have by the pictures that'd be great

I know exactly what part you are referring to, but you really need find a model number on your carb. This is usually (but not always) stamped somewhere in the casting of the carb. Then you can go about ordering a model specific replacement spring, which should cost you very little instead of buying a whole new carb.:thumbsup:

Good news. I got the moped to work. I raided my old doodlebug engine's carb for its float spring and then cut it to the right size. Thing works like a charm now