Search results

1. F

White smoke from carb?

My moped runs fine up until its been running and riding for about 15 mins. After that it starts to die on me while I'm riding at like 35. It will keep going as long as I'm giving it gas, but as soon as I stop, it dies. After it dies, I notice a little bit of white smoke coming out of the air...
  2. F

Need some help with moped

Today I took the carb off my moped to clean it. I gave it to the friend and he made the float fall off the carb by accident. I found all the pieces to it except the float spring. I put it on without the spring but now when the fuel goes into the carb it just leaks out some random holes on the...
  3. F

Lawnmower go cart

My parents just decided to buy a new riding mower and said I could have the old one. Someone told me if you take the mowing deck off they can go pretty fast. Is that true? It has a 17hp engine in it
  4. F

Free 2.8 engine anyone?

I did an engine swap on my DB and I still have the original 2.8hp Lifan. The clutch is in two pieces, it has no throttle linkage, and the end of the crankshaft is stripped on the recoil Would anyone want this? You'd just have to pay the shipping cost I'm guessing it could be used for parts
  5. F

Baja Doodlebug 6.5hp

My friend got pulled over by the cops on my DB and now my parents are making me sell it... Thought I'd start here. This is a pretty bare bike. It's pretty much just the frame with a 6.5hp engine from harbor freight in it (model 66015). The brakes don't work. I have no idea what's wrong...
  6. F

Help putting clutch on

I was following ctjmini's guide on installing the HF 6.5 clone on my DB. I got to where it told me how to put the clutch on. I took the keyway off and slid the clutch on but the keyway wouldn't go back in when I lined up the notches on the clutch and shaft. Instead of using my head and filing it...
  7. F

Need a chain tensioner

So I've tried to fab up my own with no luck. I simply don't have the tools or the know-how. I have one last thing to try with a skateboard wheel and oversized washers. I was wondering if anyone on here wanted to sell me a stock tensioner or one they fabbed up themselves. PM me please
  8. F

Blinkers and stop lights

Anyone ever put these on their DB to make it street legal? I'm thinking about doing it
  9. F

Harbor Freight 6.5hp governor

Is it necessary to remove the governor on this engine or is the stock 3600 rpm enough to carry a 210lb guy at decent speeds?
  10. F

Doodlebug brake pads

Anyone know where I could buy brake pads for my doodlebug? There's absolutely none on it right now and stopping with feet sucks. I couldn't find them on the Baja site
  11. F

Help with new doodlebug engine

I'm looking to upgrade the HP in my doodlebug to a 7HP tecumseh motor I found on craigslist 7 hp tecumseh motor I know next to nothing about small engines so I need to know what things to look for in an engine if I'm looking to swap for it. I know I need to know how big the engine is to see if...
  12. F

DB Pull Start Help

Hey guys as you can see I'm new to these forums. I recently bought a Baja Doodlebug off a friend for $50. It ran fine for a couple days and then the pull start stopped working. I took it off and the actual part with the rope and pauls on it works fine. The problem is that the part that the pull...
  13. F

Doodlebug Pull Start Help

Hey guys as you can see I'm new to these forums. I recently bought a Baja Doodlebug off a friend for $50. It ran fine for a couple days and then the pull start stopped working. I took it off and the actual part with the rope and pauls on it works fine. The problem is that the part that the pull...