Search results

1. jim_himself

Hard to start.

Hello, in a previous thread I was having issues with my 22mm mikuni carb. After changing a variety of parts and switching to a gx390 carburetor, the motor now runs awesome. But it is extremely hard to start. It takes 20-30 pulls depending and it seriously seems like it is going to start at all...
  2. jim_himself

Reducing vibration

Hey, I just finished building an engine for my new style doodlebug. I am really pleased with the speed but the thing vibrates so much at and kind of speed that it is borderline unusable. Right now, the motor has a 14cc head, gx390 carb, rev s2 flywheel, 265m cam, billet rod, 18lbs springs, and...
  3. jim_himself

Help with Mikuni carburetor tuning

Well I just finished building my new honda clone. I added and aluminum flywheel, , billet rod, 265m cam and a 22mm mikuni. I finally got around to bolting it up to my doodlebug, and tried to start it, after a little bit of playing with it i was able to have it run, and man was it fast. When I...
  4. jim_himself

My 125cc lifan doodlebug

Hello, for the last few weeks I've been working on putting a 125cc lifan in my doodlebug. All that separates me from completion is a clutch lever, some #420 chain, and the exhaust, all of which are in the mail. I started it for the first time today and man is it loud. The whole bike is kinda...
  5. jim_himself

Anyone boughone of these?

I found this on the Bj's website...it looks like a DB with shocks. It looks like a bargain at 349 with free shipping. I would like to know if a gx160 would fit and if the bike itself is any good or if the normal DB is better. BJ's Wholesale Club > Sports > Motor Sports > Serengeti Motor Sports...
  6. jim_himself

broken recoil starter

today i finally got my engine working and BAM, the recoil starter broke. I need away to start it, I've seen it done with drills but dont really know how to do it.
  7. jim_himself

honda question

please delete thanks
  8. jim_himself

help with mikuni carb

firstly, i am a complete 4 stroke engine noob, so please don't rip on me. i recently bought a gx160, but the carb was toast, so i took it off and ordered a 22mm mikuni from AGK. I have no idea what the hoses it already has on it do or anything else about it really. I thought i would be...