My 125cc lifan doodlebug

Hello, for the last few weeks I've been working on putting a 125cc lifan in my doodlebug. All that separates me from completion is a clutch lever, some #420 chain, and the exhaust, all of which are in the mail. I started it for the first time today and man is it loud. The whole bike is kinda sloppily assembled, but its sturdy and not bad for a 15 year old if I do say so myself. Can't wait to finish it. Here are a few pics of the beast.

Got my clutch lever today, went right on. I also got an email from northern tool saying my chain is now on back order :censure: Its was only like 15bucks so i may cave in and just go to the tractor supply store and buy more:shrug: I also cleaned up the wiring a bit.

Soon my precious...

That was my original plan, but the nearest powersports store is around 45mins away, so id rather pay more and not have to get all the way out there.

I thought those motors were only like 8.5 HP??? I guess the gears would be fun.
they are damn quick with the gears. my friend's 110cc DB would pull my modded 6.5 pretty hard down low. the only thing 1st gear is good for is doing wheelies which were effortless even with me on it at 260+lbs.

jim_himself, here's a thread with my friend's DB if you need any ideas. he's running an exhaust for a CRF50 on it and i think he's got a 30t sprocket now.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/doodlebug-minibikes/7996-db30-w-110cc-lifan-4speed-tranny.html

The Kikker HardKnock comes in both 110 and 125 and both are good for about 60mph. One of those in a mini should do AT LEAST that, depending on gears.

Strigoi, i actually stumbled across that thread a while back, it really made me wanna put a 125 in the doodle. As for the exhaust i hunted down the cheapest crf50 exhaust i could find on ebay, ran me about forty bucks plus shipping.

I wandered downstairs this morning to find a large box on my doorstep! I immediately opened it up to find my exhaust: I bolted it on and this little bike sounds sick now. Now the hunt for a local supplier of #420 chain begins... i hope to make the maiden voyage today.:devil2:

toomanytoys

sucks the atv dealer is so far away, We have one inside our local mall thats 15 minutes from me.

I run 40/41 sprockets with 420 chain on all my bikes. Regular 41 roller chain would not hold up on my super bronc, it would just randomly stretch by a stupid amount.

Called a motorcycle dealer down the road from here, he carries some dirt bike parts and has some 420 chain! Il pick it up later, and off il go:devil2:

MikeBear

I buy D.I.D. 420 chain off Ebay, it's good stuff! I will NEVER, EVER buy that chinese crap chain again from TSC store! It stretches, jams, and is just garbage.

I buy from: lytleracinggroup (their id is all one word)

They treat me right, and I've bought other stuff from them multiple times.

Yep nice bike man, should haul ass, my buddy had a 200cc honda 5speed outa honda trike on his trailhorse, it was frickin insane, it had the high and low range switch on it so he could do burnouts and leave some nice black marks on ashphalt as well as pop wheelies. I like to see this mod cuz I have always wanted to do this myself but have never had a lifan at my disposal, all I got is a 500cc 5speed out of a honda streetbike...:thumbsup: