Search results

1. J

Taylor Michigan

Did the motor city minis mini bike store in taylor michigan close????
  2. J

tecumseh has 2 shafts

I picked up a 5 hp tecumseh and it has 2 shafts coming out of the side cover. It was on a snow blower. The model is HS50 67008A I think What is the smaller shaft for and can I take it out when I tear it apart??
  3. J

more low end on a 5 hp briggs

Any tips on getting more low end out of the gate? Top end is good but I need more out of the start. Not sure what teeth sprockets are
  4. J

5 hp briggs will not run

I had it running well, But now it will start on starting fluid and idle a bit but as soon as I give it gas it dies. Last week it ran just fine. I did spray some carbs cleaner inside the carb on accident and it started that right after. Could I have mssed something up inside the carb...
  5. J

need 5 hp briggs asap

anyone in oakland county michigan selling a running motor that has the linkage hooked up already
  6. J

need 5 hp briggs ready for mini bike install

looking for a running 5 hp briggs that is ready to drop in a mini bike and hook up throttle and go. I live in waterford (oakland county) I need this asap, have a ride saturday. Not wanting to spend over 60 unless in great shape, other than that I do not care about looks. Jim
  7. J

remove a stuck clutch

I have a briggs 3 hp and I need to remove the clutych off the shaft, It is not budging and I am not sure how to remove it. I do not have a gear puller
  8. J

3.5 briggs will idle but stalls when I give throttle

I have an old 3.5 briggs that i can get to idle for a period of time but once I turn the thottle it stalls. It ran on the edger it was on with no problem. The govenor is the one that is over the flywheel. Could it be the plug? I checked the fuel pick up tube and it looked ok and clean...
  9. J

5 hp briggs carb hook up ?????

I have a 5 hp briggs carb with a rear slide choke, anyone have pics of the way i can hook it up on a mini bike with a twist throttle. the motor was off aatiller. i have no poblem hooking up the throttle but not sure how to hook up the choke.
  10. J

Scrub brake needed

I am building a mini bike and want to put on a scrub brake. I can not find a kit for sale anywhere. Does anyone know if they sell them? I can have one made but really would like to buy a new one or used one if anyone has one for sale. Any help or suggestions would be grgeat. Thank you
  11. J

hooking up a briggs to a twist throttle

anyone have an idea how i can hook up my thottle so it pulls from the front of the bike and not from the read with the cable having all the curves in it. i want to make it short and thought with some linkage i could make it a straight shot from the throttle. any pics of how to hook up the...
  12. J

I am in need of briggs parts asap. I live in Michigan

Does anyone have these parts for sale that live in michigan ? I live in oakland county and am in need of these by Monday. Sidecover is 694319 bearing P/N is 692007
  13. J

Help

Does anyone have these parts for sale that live in michigan ? I live in oakland county and am in need of these by Monday. Sidecover is 694319 bearing P/N is 692007
  14. J

briggs rebuild help

I have an older 5 hp briggs and have done a complete teardown. Where can i find some info on how to install everything back to the qay it was. also what items have to installed in a certain way/ pattern like the gears meshing and stuff like that any help would be geat
  15. J

Need a cool gas tank

I am building a lil indian and am looking for a cool round style gas tank or any tips on building one from something cool. Anyone done a cool tank
  16. J

Thumb throttle

Anyone run a thumb throttle on their mini bike ??? If so what kind r u using and where do you get them from ? Cheap please
  17. J

Powder Coating

Has anyone had any luck powder coating a 5 hp briggs motor or any other mini bike moter. I want to coat the case, head and side covers. Anyone ???
  18. J

any help on motor info

I have a 5 hp briggs I can only see one number on it due to the pull start cover being damaged I see 131232 3600 RPM Cast iron bore 20 something cc Magnetron. I need help so I can order replacement parts and want to get the right stuff. any help would be great...
  19. J

Moter polishing

Has anyone ever polished a 5 hp briggs. I have it all torn down and would like to make it sparkle. Any tips or advise ? What has other guys done to get it to look shiny.
  20. J

Rear sprocket.

Hi, I am building alil indian bike and have some rupp turbine wheels and a 40/41 clutch and chain. Where can I find a cheap rear sprocket and any opinions on tooth size. I have a 5 hp briggs.