Search results

1. M

Fox Campus Mini Bike

I recently got a Fox Campus bike. Not sure what I want to do with it. It's in need of restoration. Several things have been "modified" by some previous owner. I'm 59 years old and this is the first one I've ever seen in person.
  2. M

Going to look at this today....

I'm going to look at this one today. Anyone want to tell me what it is? I was thinking maybe a Manco or Azusa? The seller said that it was a very small frame.
  3. M

What do I have here?????

Picked up this old frame, w/fork and wheels the other day. Also came with fenders. It has a spring on the front fork pivot (similar to Cat). Rear wheel/tire is much wider/larger than front. Has drum brake on rear. Came with a Tecumseh snow-blower engine. Just trying to figure out what I bought...
  4. M

2 HP Briggs on a Snapper lawn edger?

I bought a Snapper lawn edger at a garage sale. It has a 2HP Briggs & Stratton on it. I'm not sure how old it is. It has a Magnetron sticker on the recoil housing. Do you guys think a 2 horse is suitable for a mini-bike?
  5. M

Mini-Bike Racing in the Northeast

Just thought I'd mention this... American Classic Racing in the Northeast is basically a vintage motocross club racing series, but they also have a class for old mini-bikes at some of the events. Their season is over, but there's always next year! I've raced ACR races before, but on...
  6. M

Identifying aluminum split-rim wheels...

Mini-bike bug has hit me hard recently...I bought another old mini-bike "kit" yesterday off the local Craigslist...running Briggs engine...decent old frame/forks/seat with jack-shaft and band style brake on end of jackshaft...and what I really needed...a good set of 6" aluminum two-piece rims...
  7. M

Pic of my "new" Cat Duster frame and forks...

Here's a pic of my Cat Duster frame/forks. Work will begin soon. Will post more photos as things progress...I think she's worth saving!
  8. M

New Doodlebug db30 engine...

I just bought a brand new Doodlebug db30 in the crate for a project. I'm selling the original engine....ZERO HOURS...never had gas in it. I'm thinking fifty bucks plus shipping is fair. I'm in the Central New York area, suburb of Syracuse. P.S....I haven't even opened the crate yet. You...
  9. M

Two speed jack-shafts...

Can anybody tell me about two-speed jackshafts? Who sells them? Good, bad, or indifferent? I may use one on a bike I'm building.
  10. M

Restoring a J.C. Penney's Cat Duster...advice needed.

I have a frame/forks from a Cat Duster. I want to make it into a cool little chopper mini-bike. After Googling various pictures, I think there was a couple different versions...one had a rear disc brake, and one had a scrub brake. My frame has the pedal for the scrub brake but still has the...
  11. M

Tecumseh Snow King 5.5HP

I picked up an engine the other day from an old guy I know that does small engine repair. It's a Tecumseh Snow King 5.5 (off a snowblower) that looks almost new. I thought it would be perfect for a mini-bike but now I'm not sure because the output shaft looks like it's 7/8". Anybody familiar...
  12. M

Is this a good deal????

I found a lime-green db30 locally, asking price $175.00. Flat rear tire, rip in seat, original motor needs tuning. I asked the guy if he would sell it without the original engine. He said YES...that he'd take $125.00 without the engine. He also has a brand new clutch (for 3/4" shaft) that...
  13. M

New member in Central New York...

Hi, I joined this forum recently because I found something I've been wanting for a few years... an old chopper-style mini-bike frame!!!! I got it at an antique motorcycle swap meet...didn't know what brand it was when I bought it. After researching it, I've determined it's a J.C. Penney...
  14. M

Local Tractor Supply has Doodlebugs....

Just curious...local Tractor Supply has three red db30's. They're priced at $299.95 plus sales tax. Is that the going price? I might be interested if they didn't have that pathetic engine... I'm keeping my eyes open for a used one with a blown engine...
  15. M

Which Harbor Freight 6.5 clone?

I see Harbor Freight has two different item numbers for their 6.5 engines. What's the difference? Is one better than the other for mini-bike use? Are they worth buying? Thanks.