Search results

1. jsquared89

My new Gem..what is it?

Just picked this up off Craigslist. It has a newer 5hp Tecumseh. Its mostly complete including the high speed forks, skateboard wheel chain tensioner (which looks like its in the wrong place anyway) and 12 point socket welded to the frame for some unknown reason :shrug: The frame looks like it...
  2. jsquared89

clone recoil starter

I'm looking for a Honda clone recoil starter for cheap, I got a gx160 Clone in a trade and can't start it because the recoil is f'd up Also does anyone know if the starter cups are different between the Hondas and the clones? Thanks, Jimmy :thumbsup:
  3. jsquared89

Tecumseh 2 smoker

So I picked this tecumseh 2 stroke up today, for $10. It looks hardly used. Does anyone know what its off of, or what HP it is? Would it be powerful enough to do anything cool with?
  4. jsquared89

Rust Revival

Anyone on here go to rust revival today in wayland, mo?? Or see the badass mini bike races?
  5. jsquared89

Quick clone question

Ok so I got a clone in a trade but I can't tell if its a 5.5 or a 6.5hp. I know its a jaingdong it whatever. Is measuring the stroke the only way to tell which it is? And if so what would the measurements be, I searched but couldn't find anything about it. Thanks
  6. jsquared89

HS50 Side Cover

Quick question....Can anyone tell me how to remove the side cover on a tecumseh 5 horse. It comes out 1/8 of an inch and won't come off any further..??
  7. jsquared89

Briggs question

I got this 3HP(I think) briggs off cl for $10 along with a 5 horse. and got to looking at it and I have some questions. It didn't come with a recoil cover so I went to out one on it and it doesn't have the little cup in the flywheel...so how was it started on whatever it previously came off of...
  8. jsquared89

Engine mounted at angle?

I was wondering what the purpose is of mounting engines at an angle like on some minis, like on some rupps, Scat cats or bird nighthawks. Just for looks? Also does it effect the oiling?
  9. jsquared89

Now it runs, now it doesn't

Ok so I was riding my mini earlier for about 20 min..got a few blocks from my house...and it dies. Went to start it, and it starts on the first pull like always. Idles fine all day long but as soon as I even attempt hit the gas it dies. So I got stuck pushing it home. So what do you think, dirt...
  10. jsquared89

Here's a DEAL

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/2256754663.html If it was only a little closer
  11. jsquared89

Scat Cat Restoration

Just picked this up today..gonna do a build thread on it. It's a Scat cat..and that's all I know about it. I haven't seen many of these on here. Might not start on it for a while as I got another project to finish first. Any ideas for a color scheme?
  12. jsquared89

K&S Hornet finished! Have a look..

Finally finished my hornet project, which is my second mini I've had. It has a modified clone on it..sorry it not a briggs or tec Before After
  13. jsquared89

Briggs on Duck frame??

Has anyone got a 5hp Briggs to mount on a Bird Duck frame with the stock carb still on it..AND use an air cleaner and be able to remove the spark plug? When I got the bike it had a 6" piece of the frame missing so the carb would even fit. I got it all welded back together and am trying to...
  14. jsquared89

So fast

Damn that's fast! And it comes with a free mini bike! http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/2205564514.html
  15. jsquared89

Clone or Briggs carb

Does anyone have an old carb they would let go for cheap that would work good on a 5hp briggs( stock now, may lightly mod). I need one that is separate from the gas tank so it will fit it my Bird duck frame. I will make my own intake if necessary...which I think I may have to do anyway to make...
  16. jsquared89

Is this a jackshaft..or??

This came on the bottom of a 6.5 HP tecumseh that I got for parts with another motor. Was told it came off a go kart. Did another sprocket originally come on the keyed part? Or what?
  17. jsquared89

What causes paint to do this?

Ok so I painted my K&S Hornet frame the other day with some yellow krylon paint, then today I went out to clear coat it. I used some Rustoleum clear..and a few seconds after I spayed it all the paint started lifting and crinkling. What causes this? Different brands of paint? It really pissed...
  18. jsquared89

Identification?

Can anyone I.D. this frame for me? It's just about finished. I can put better pics up if necessary. I'm pretty sure the wheels are 6" Manco's
  19. jsquared89

Anyone use these tires on a mini?

I was in tractor supply earlier and seen these tires, thought the would be cool on a mini bike. Especially an Allis Chalmers bike. Anyone use them?
  20. jsquared89

No Start...help!

Ok so here goes. I just had my clone apart to remove the governor and install a billet rod, put it all back together and now it won't start...or even attempt to do so. Even with starting fluid the best I could get was a back fire. So I pulled it apart to male sure the cam and crank were lined...