Search results

1. B

New project

What do you think guys? Kid I bought it from said the man he bought it from rode it when he was a kid. It doesn't look that old to me but I'm no expert.
  2. B

Honda CT70 questions

I have an opportunity to purchase this: , It's missing a couple things but the chrome is good and the engine turns over. He wants 300, i thought about offering $250. I have dne some research online but all i can find are restored ones. Sound like a good deal?
  3. B

What is it..besides junk?

She's pretty bad off. Lots of pitting. She may be too far gone. Still would like to know what it is.
  4. B

Chain stretch

So just how much will a #35 chain stretch (came with a kit)? It seems everyday I have to move the engine/take out a link. Is there no end? I suppose I will have to bite the bullet for the good stuff. How much do the high $ chains stretch? Replies appreciated. B
  5. B

Kill Switch

I have read several threads pertaining to this matter yet there is always something (wrong color wire, different hook up, etc.) that just doesn't seem right. Here is my clone: As you can see I have the oil sensor disconnected (2 yellow wires. 1 from block, 1 from brass box). There is...
  6. B

86 stock plug!

I've been having trouble getting my new clone to run right. I've had the carb apart 4 times (still may have petcock issue), I've drilled a small hole in the gas cap, I've cussed. Today went to the store and bought 2 NGK BP6ES plugs and bingo. Starts on one pull, I can turn choke completely off...
  7. B

Now she won't start

After a long day piecing her together I got my 15 yard test ride in. Wouldn't start last night, no biggie, the day was over, had sh t to do. This morning however...nothing, not even a gasp. Unhooked the yellow wire in the black box up front (low oil stop I think) nothing. I suppose I'm gonna...
  8. B

Today's Problem.

Any suggestions? The 2 holes are from a chain stay that I have and it's way too tall to fit in there. Is there any way to cut the plate without a torch? Thanx B
  9. B

AGK throttle linkage kit

Having some issues with said kit. Return spring doesn't really return. My throttle cable is too short and won't reach where it is suposed anchored. Also, the screw/anchor is too small for the hole it is shown to go in. Are the springs used anymore that attach to the (govenor?) arm that comes out...
  10. B

Gas cap clearance?

Got my 6.5 clone in the frame today and the gas cap has about 2.5" of crap under it so it will not come off when the engine is mounted. Anyone know of a flush mount cap with nothing under it that will work on the Greyhound? Thanks guys, B.
  11. B

Duster rebuild

Got my 6.5 HF in the frame today and woke her up. She purrs. Ordered 6" kit from OldMiniBikes. Received my clutch yesterday and have replaced the front springs and rear shocks. Coming along nicely. Will have pics up soon.
  12. B

Harbor Freight Engines

As much as I try to avoid Harbor Freight, they are having a sale on 6.5 hp engines next weekend for $109. Not sure if it will fit (Duster Mx) , it's gonna be tight near the rear of the frame, but otherwise the height is good. Anyone use these engines before (6.5 or otherwise)? I think they are...
  13. B

Engine size

I am restoring a Duster mx and have a couple questions. I believe they came with a 3hp Tecumseh engine? I have seen a thread that Leathernun666 posted and he had a 5.5 hp engine (don't know brand) in a Duster. Would like to know what engines are compatable without too much modification. Gonna...
  14. B

Just Joined Forum

Hello all. Restoring an old Duster mx, will have some questions soon if I can't find them searching. Also will prolly need some parts. Talk with ya soon...