Search results

1. Thunderdrome Ben

Thunderdrome IV: FREEDOM SUPREME 9/11/11

My apologies, no offense intended. We just thought it was a funny poster.
  2. Thunderdrome Ben

Thunderdrome IV: FREEDOM SUPREME 9/11/11

It's that time again, we're getting ready for our fourth Thunderdrome event of the year and this one's back home at the Dorais Park Velodrome in Detroit. Better yet, we're doing it on the tenth anniversary of 9/11, a big fat celebration of freedom and America. So come on out, bring your friends...
  3. Thunderdrome Ben

Thunderdrome III in Kalamazoo, Michigan

Hey everybody, this is Ben from the Thunderdrome! We're coming up on our second race of the season and I wanted to make sure everyone here knew about it. We'll be racing all motor classes (including my new personal favorite -- minibikes) next Sunday, June 12th at the Gilmore Car Museum outside...
  4. Thunderdrome Ben

Thunderdrome!!

Hey guys, sounds like you all had a great time out there. I'm super mad that I missed the minibike racing, but I was too busy keeping things running in the background. At least it was a beautiful day for racing, the grounds were a little soggy, but the cool air had everyone running quick...
  5. Thunderdrome Ben

Thunderdrome!!

These "Rules" you speak of are updated now. 6.5 hp and we dropped the tire size limit. Basically we're calling anything with a twin tube frame and no suspension a minibike. The Rules ‹ The Thunderdrome! Give it a once-over and let me know what you think. TWO WEEKS TO GO!!
  6. Thunderdrome Ben

Project Thunderdrome

Dude! This thing is SWEET! I'm loving the white walls and pin striping. Just curious, but how many are planning on coming out for Thunderdrome? Andy and I are just finalizing everything and it would be great to know how many of you knuckleheads to expect.
  7. Thunderdrome Ben

Thunderdrome!!

The surface is actually pretty nice. It's asphalt paved and hasn't seen much wear -- it's basically the parade loop they normally idle around in vintage cars during shows. This will be the first time it's been used for a race as far as I know. Another great thing about the track is it has HUGE...
  8. Thunderdrome Ben

Thunderdrome!!

Hey guys, I'm Ben, one of the organizers of Thunderdrome. Since this is the first time around for minibikes our class rules are still flexible and the general consensus has been the 3 hp figure is far too low. As of right now we're upping the limit to 5.5 hp or 250 cc, whichever comes first. I...