Search results

1. ArcsandSparks

What's going on with this setup?

I am also having some heavy vibration/banging as I speed up. It goes away after I increase speed. The chains are aligned and there seems to be no wearing on the chain/sprocket. As stated before I'm running clutch/ JS in/ JS out/ Rear wheel 10 10 8 60 =7.5:1 Is a...
  2. ArcsandSparks

Kawasaki prairie 650...I could tell my speeds exceeded 20mph for sure. Weather the atv was accurate at 29 or not that is uncertain, but haven driven many motorized vehicles alike I would say that it was too far off. This question has been baffling me??!!
  3. ArcsandSparks

how to remove a jackshaft

I used two large flat head screwdrivers in a similar fashion...
  4. ArcsandSparks

removal of driven pully of jackshaft

I messed with my bikes jackshaft (speedway) for a while until I cleaned the scum off the bearings and realized that they had a retainer clip holding them in. Once that was removed the jackshaft came right off. Not sure if yours is the same type of set up, but it's worth a look.
  5. ArcsandSparks

I pulled the clutch off and tested....Governor seems to be working fine, however, I don't have a tach to see actual RPMs... Anybody know how this could be?
  6. ArcsandSparks

I just finished my Speedway widowmaker with a centrifugal clutch setup. I used the original jackshaft and gearing (JS output/tire side). I am using a HF 6.5 clone stock. So my gearing is a 10 tooth on the clutch-10 tooth JS input-8 tooth JS output-60 tooth on the tire. Now I used 2 separate...
  7. ArcsandSparks

Widowmaker jackshaft question

Thanks! I just got it up and running yesterday. A lot more work to do, but getting a chance to ride it for a bit has been great. Sorry, I just lucked out with this bike having one. I would keep an eye on craigslist for that type of thing.
  8. ArcsandSparks

HF Clone potential with these parts..

I appreciate that offer. Right now I want to keep it simple or at least until I thurst for more HP! Maybe at a later date if you still have it I could PM you or something. I want to do it in steps because I'm a bit of a rookie and don't have a lot of money to spend at the moment. Thanks...
  9. ArcsandSparks

Ok, looks like I will have to get a rod too...I don't want that snapping off. I will look at the piston and cam too, but I really wasn't planning on add that much. I want to give it a little more hp/rpm, but want it safe and reliable...I don't plan to get too crazy with this particular engine...
  10. ArcsandSparks

Ok,I know this topic has been gone over and over again..(I've searched them all!) Haven't found one that exactly answers these questions..All I want to know is if I use a AKG intake, AKG exhaust, Jet change (#90?, )Gov. remove, new valve springs, and billet flywheel...Will this be a safe setup...
  11. ArcsandSparks

Thanks that's good to know. That's a cool little bike you've got. Is that a homemade exhaust or did you buy that somewhere? I will need to re route mine because of clearance issues and the one you have looks like what I need. Thanks for the comment!
  12. ArcsandSparks

That's good news! That bike is pretty sick..I like the black painted spokes. I may have to do that to mine since the chrome isn't looking too good anymore. Thanks for answering some of my questions Minibikedude.
  13. ArcsandSparks

I'm just curious if you have run your motor like that? Meaning at the angle the motor plate mounts at. I am unsure if there will be a problem with oil distribution and/or problems with the carb float. I see some people make a custom intake to straighten out the carb, but not sure if you can...
  14. ArcsandSparks

Thanks for the comment. Yours looks pretty similar to mine other than mine has a black frame. Here are a few pics of my Widowmaker... It has the seat too. I removed the tank and seat to make fitting the engine easier. I've seen the comets, but are a little out of my price range for...
  15. ArcsandSparks

New guy here from MN. This is my first post. I will start out by saying that I've been meaning to get a mini bike or at least a frame for years and building it up myself..I finally found a good deal on Craiglist and bought a Speedway Widowmaker for $50. Everything is there, but the engine...