Search results

1. R

NEW HF 6.5 HP Greyhound engines

I have two NIB HF Greyhound 6.5 HP engines. I have opened the box of one engine and removed it and looked at it. The second engine is still sealed in the original shipping box with shipping straps. I also have two 49 state gas tanks for these engines. I am asking $100 each for the...
  2. R

2003 Honda XR80 - $680

Sorry this is not an old classic but it IS a great little bike. My kids out grew it and it has not been ridden in years. I have started it on a regular basis and kept fresh gas in it. It is in outstanding mechanical condition. It is a used dirt bike though so it has a few scratches on the...
  3. R

3.5 wont start. Little help please.

OK I purchased a 3.5 from a reliable member here on the forum. He said it ran before he let it sit and I believe him. Model 091202 Type 1017E1 Code 990713YB I could not get it to start so here is what I did: Checked plug, very rich but good strong spark. Rebuilt Carb Still...
  4. R

What should I do to my 5HP?

OK I just picked up a 5HP B&S. It runs OK, does not smoke but seems a bit rich. This is going into a custom Taco 22 that I am building. The goal is to have a nice reliable rider with plenty of low end power and longevity - not a drag bike. I want to use an electronic ignition. I just...
  5. R

I hate this site!

I hate it I hate it I hate it. A couple of months ago I just wanted to build a little minibike with my son. I just wanted to spend time with him and help him with his fine motor skills. Then I found this stupid site.:doah: Now I have: 2 Frames 1 Set of wheels and tires 2 Extra...
  6. R

Where can I buy a wheel/rim spacer?

Well I know I have seen them in past years but now I am unable to find a spacer to widen a wheel for a 6" wheel. Found some for 5" wheels but that does me no good. Thanks
  7. R

Warrior or Doodle Bug

Which would you get or which did you get and why? I have a clone that is looking for a home. I have been leaning towards the Doodlebug just because I like the looks of it (Yes I like the looks of the new DB). Anyway, before I actually pulled the trigger I thought I would get some input...
  8. R

Representing!

Let's see your OldMiniBikes Decals. This is on the rear window of my Tundra. I tried to take a photo from farther away but then you can't read the decal.
  9. R

How tall are the new Pedator engines?

Does anyone know how tall the new HF Predator engines are? Both the 6.5 hp and the 3.5 hp. I have read read at least 7 threads on these engines and the on-line manuals but I can not find a measurement for the overall height. Thanks
  10. R

Stuck (rusted) fork sliders

Ok guys, I am hoping someone has dealt with this before and that I am missing something. I purchased a Taco 22 frame and fork. One of the PO decided to just throw the whole thing (assembled) into the powder coating booth and spray it down. I am trying to disassemble the forks. The first...
  11. R

Are there any NEW engine under 13" tall?

Does anyone currently make a nice little minibike/gokart type engine that is say 12.5" tall INCLUDING the gas tank? Everything I find for BS and Tecumseh are all 14.5" and up. I have right at 13.5" on one frame and 13" on the other. Sure, I can run a remote gas tank but it would be so nice...
  12. R

NE1 use one of these 1" tubing benders?

Karts and Parts - Compact Bender 1" Tube/Tubing Bending Die Set Basically a HF metal bender with the above dies. I am sure the dies work OK but I wonder how well the HF bender will hold up to repeatedly bending 1" 0.120 wall tubing.
  13. R

School me on BS 5HP engines

I have a project in which I am going to want to in stall an "older" BS 5HP engine but for the most part I don't know anything about them. For instance, I think I would like one with roller bearings on both ends of the crank but I don't know what year or model number to look for. Also, I...
  14. R

What engines fit in a Taco 22 frame?

Sorry if this is a stoopid question but I am new to the mini bike game and I will soon be building a Taco 22. I have just the frame and forks (1969) so basically it is a blank canvas. I am NOT looking to build an all original minibike, I just want a nice rider but I am not going to hack up or...
  15. R

Just purchased a Nova project

Hi all, I just purchased a Nova frame and fork (with the original Nova knob), a Honda G200 long block (missing carb and exhaust as well as recoil and cover) also the valve cover is off, wheels, tires and rear brake with clutch and rear sprocket and chain. The only thing holding these items...