Search results

1. N-gin

Doodlebug on the street.

:thumbsup: Beautiful!
  2. N-gin

212 too much?

Throttle stop will limit engine power. Governor will limit top speed. So that Pontiac with a throttle stop and no governor will eventually get there. So will my POS neon at 1\4 throttle again no governor.
  3. N-gin

Home Grown Frijole

Sounds like my David & Bradley. Any performance upgrades in the future? Porting the intake to chamber taller will be like lengthening the duration of a camshaft engine.
  4. N-gin

Muffler Question

Running it a tad rich will lower exhaust temp a few hundred degrees
  5. N-gin

New Build.

:thumbsup:
  6. N-gin

Spark plug thread

If it has detonation it will show on the plug. That is why you are changing heat ranges, yes? If you don't SE signs of aluminum dusting. I would move on. That sure is a nifty tool. How does the bore look? No scaring? Pic is kind of deceiving, is that above pin circlip? Hot spot you think? On a...
  7. N-gin

Mikunis slow to start?

Read post 3 then 9. Then find another hand :)
  8. N-gin

Whats the silver sealent on some tecumseh head gaskets?

Usually you can spray it with copper gasket seal and reuse. Done it plenty of times. Reused head gaskets three times before tossing them. Copper spray works good.
  9. N-gin

212 too much?

As stated before the engines do have a governor, however the engine goes full throttle till it reaches the governor. It might be a little much. BUT if you put a throttle stop then you will only get the half throttle or what ever you put it at. That 212 can be as dosile as the 3hp, you just have...
  10. N-gin

Diablo mini, I just might grab it

I saw this bike for sale when I was looking for a engine to maxout for fun. He says its a Diablo, so I did a search and found a bunch with a 50-125 cc engines but non with a clone. He is asking a decent price for the bike and 150 for the "never ran" clone..its black with the old clone vavle...
  11. N-gin

Doodlebug on the street.

Could you put a slow moving triangle on the back and just take your time?
  12. N-gin

Spark plug thread

If you have preignition that should show as spots on the plug, with would be the aluminum from the piston. Can you post a pic of the ground electrode? I'd like to see the timing mark on it
  13. N-gin

speedway widow maker

My friend had one of those. Didn't know it was called that at the time. Sure was a quik bike. Can't wait to see the outcome. Lookin good already.
  14. N-gin

Going to call it the mystery Bike

Like how you repositioned the rear mounts. Looks good
  15. N-gin

1971 Ruttman Toad Update!!!

Pretty cool. Nice work
  16. N-gin

ARC Billet Rod for 196cc Clones

I will also add that longer dwell time will slow the intake charge causing less ram effect of the AF mix. On the compression stroke the longer TDC dwell time could produce spark knock especially on air cooled engines.
  17. N-gin

ARC Billet Rod for 196cc Clones

Length of rod changes how long the piston will dwell at top or bottom dead center, and it changes how fast the piston accelerates at different points along its travel from top to bottom and back. It effects cylinder fill as well during overlap. In other words the connecting rod can change the...
  18. N-gin

Spark plug thread

I can think of a few plugs that will work good other than the BP7ES. How To Decode Spark Plug Part Numbers - NGK
  19. N-gin

Spark plug thread

That dwell thing happens when your coil says go and the resistor says "only at this pace". So what you get is a weaker more drawn out spark. Usually if you have a resistor in with " high energy" ignitions, the resistor burns out and you coil is now jumping two gaps. Has anyone here noticed a...
  20. N-gin

So what's the big deal about Hemi

After some research and some thinking I see that the engine has a flat top with is better than the dome. To be a true Hemi it would need to be a round dome. The dome would interfere with incoming air charge. The Hemi chamber was a horrible design due to no turbulence being created in the...