Search results

1. J

Timing question for gx200. Is 10* too much

so if it starts and doesn't back fire i can run it at 10
  2. J

Timing question for gx200. Is 10* too much

:shrug:I was putting my engine back togeather and took a measurment of the keyway. The engine was from NR Racing. The key is filed down .060. From what ive read .006 will give you 1 degree so if that is true my is 10 degrees advanced I'm thinking thats too much? Its a mild build. It starts...
  3. J

need quick answer on crank side play

Found some gasket material in the garage and made a second gasket. With it installed I now have .006 end play on the dial indicator. I am going to try it. I think it should be ok.
  4. J

need quick answer on crank side play

Just finished putting gx200 together. I am concerned about the crank shaft side play. New rod and crank. The side play is zero. When the bolts are finger tight there is some side play but once torque I don’t feel any. It doesn't seem to be binding when torque. Is this OK. Should I run 2 side...
  5. J

2 quick questions

Why do people lap the flywheel, and at what point do you put in a case vent in
  6. J

Help me build my first engine (on budget)

Well thanks for the tips so far. I checked out ebay. wow i didn't know mikunis were so cheap. Any good threads on were to start for proper jetting?
  7. J

Help me build my first engine (on budget)

Hello. New here, first build and I need some tips. I want to build a good all round engine. I have a stock Honda gx 200. I have a billet rod .20 long and flywheel. Gov removed. I don’t want to drop a lot of cash so keep that in mind. I was thinking of filing the key and advancing timing...