Search results

1. ianmanning26

having problems with my exhaust

i have a single stage agk rear exit header and an rlv silencer, heres the problem. the header tube is slightly smaller in diameter than the opening for the rlv silencer so it leaves about a 1/8" gap all around when i slide the rlv on. i do not want to try and build up weld the gap and im not...
  2. ianmanning26

im running lean, need a little help

i have a hf blue 6.5, gov removed, alum honda flywheel, agk header, the rest is stock. i think im running lean because ive lost a lot of low end power since ive installed the header. im running the header with an rlv silencer. i know that i have increased air flow exiting the engine so now i...
  3. ianmanning26

problems with engine getting hot very quickly

okay so here's the deal I have a 6.5 harbor freight greyhound clone engine that has served me very well over the last few months. I have remove the governor and install it on the lightweight aluminum flywheel with timing advance. I had a home made exhaust on it consisting of a 16 inch long 1...
  4. ianmanning26

cat?

Appears to have a tec 3.5 on it. Looks allot like a cat I have. Anyone confirm or deny? Thank you
  5. ianmanning26

home made cylinder tank

Turned out pretty well for my first attempt. This one is soldered, the next one will be tig welded so I can figure out which one works best. Holds a little over a half gallon. finishing it up tonight with sanding and cleaning up the seam, there will be no seam by the time i'm done. Let me know...
  6. ianmanning26

cylinder tank needed

i am searching for a decent sized cylinder tank for my db dirt bug, old style. i want to make one but have no idea how. i have searched and searched but can not find a thread that shows how its done in detail. No pics to help. So i guess i have to buy one. if you have one please let me know...
  7. ianmanning26

muffler or not? please advise

i have a gx200 flat top piston stock bore billet rod stock length billet flywheel 4 degree advanced timing removed spark plug boot resistor rob torque tube header 22mm mink carb 265 mod lift dyno cam uni filter adapter gov removal fuel pump 18lb springs stock valve train 14cc...
  8. ianmanning26

to tube or not to tube? that is the question

i have just ordered a nice set of kenda super pocket bike tires (13x6.5-6) street tread, for my old style doodlebug because i am sick and tired of ripping knobbies off riding on the road.. but it never occured to me while i was placing the order that the new tires may require tubes. since i am...
  9. ianmanning26

heads up regarding the .265 dyno cam

just a heads up to everyone out there thinking about buying the .265 dyno cam. the website, (arc) said that it is a drop in and go part that will fit into a gx200 or 6.5 clone with no modification or grinding. this is not the case, at least in my experience. i installed mine last night, went to...
  10. ianmanning26

how to clutch brake?

my clutch is 4 and 1 half inches wide so I need to know if I get the 4.5 inch brake drums in order to make a clutch brake or if I need to get a 4 in 3 quarter inch clutch drum brake to compensate for the drum brake pads. I can't think of a better way to explain it except that I don't want the...
  11. ianmanning26

should i have play in my connecting rod?

just installed an arc rod in my gx200 with a flat top piston. stock bore piston and stock length rod. i have torqued the rod bolts to the manufacturers recommendation and i am noticing a slight amount of play between the crankshaft journal and the rod. its almost like the end play on a crank...
  12. ianmanning26

Honda gx kick starter?

Doors anyone know if they make kick starters for gx series engines like a gx200? I think it would be cool to have one on my bike. If not, can one be made and how? Thanks
  13. ianmanning26

trader point?

I recently made a trade transaction with another member and I would like to give him a trader point and positive feedback for the transaction but I cannot figure out how to do it. if I click on to his username I don't see anywhere to leave positive feedback for a transaction for him. if you guys...
  14. ianmanning26

need instructions for installing new piston and rings

i have a honda gx200, just getting started building it up tonight, i hope. i need someone to help me out with installing the new rings, i have never done it before. there are 4 new rings in the set and i have no idea which ones go where, or how big the gap should be or where the gap should be...
  15. ianmanning26

old old old!!!! and awesome!

Picked these up an hour ago. No idea why just had to have them. Far as I can tell they both cane off of old old Sears tractors from the early sixties. If anyone else has any info on them it would be appreciated. The white one is electric start, and the starter motor works! Both have spark and...
  16. ianmanning26

clutch brake kit?

can someone give me a list of what i will need to make a clutch band brake for my doodlebug. the disc brakes are ok but my engine is pretty heavily modded so its pretty fast and the disc brakes just dont cut it. i would like to install a clutch band brake and keep the disc brake as a back up in...
  17. ianmanning26

piston and spark plug clearance going to be a problem?

ok.....i FINALLY got all of the friggin parts in to go ahead with my gx200 build. Billet flywheel and connecting rod minkuni 22 with adapter and pulse fitting fuel pump 4 degree timing key 14cc honda head, stock from a gx 160 stock valves and rockers....for now, im broke after all this...
  18. ianmanning26

can someone tell me what the original engine was for this rupp please

i bought it and it had a 3.5 clinton on it that i have since torn down cleaned and got running great. anyway i need to know what the original engine was on the bike from the factory. i know it was a tec but dont know which one. also what year was this made, the bike i mean. i have been told...
  19. ianmanning26

clinton 3.5 parts

i need a primer bulb thingy and a fuel gauge cover. you can see what im talking about by looking at the pics i have provided. i got this engine on a rupp i bought the other day. i broke it down completely, every nut and bolt, today and reassembled. she fired up after a couple pulls and man...
  20. ianmanning26

old clinton 3.5

i am willing to trade this clinton engine for a tecumseh hs50 with lighting coil, i need the tecumseh to put on an old 1966 rupp xl350 i just bought. i would like the tecumseh to be very close to a 1966 if possible. does not have to be perfect but it must run and have all or most of its major...