Search results

1. Oldsalt

Post your cars!

This is my 50 Studebaker rat. It's on a Chevy S-10 chassis and has a 350 crate motor and 4 speed trans. The car came with "Three on the Tree" and I made it "Four on the Tree" and a rod sticking through the floor pan engages reverse. Car was shot up a bit and was pulled out of a stream and...
  2. Oldsalt

Post your cars!

Lord! What a beauty! A friend of mine has a 39 COE that is used for "yard art". But it's complete.
  3. Oldsalt

Post your cars!

Had known about this 33 Ford for 35 years...he finally sold it to me. Was painted in the early seventies. At that time a 283 Chevy and Powerglide were installed. Had stupid Mustang seats. About 40 years ago the car, even the body, was then disassembled and set-up for a Nail-Head Buick...
  4. Oldsalt

Very Strange and well built clutch

Darn It! Here's the pics.
  5. Oldsalt

Very Strange and well built clutch

Found this years ago and have never been able to identify it. Couldda been off a mini? 5/8ths bore and 6 " in diameter. Drives a "V" belt. It's in better shape than it looks. Hopefully someone is looking for one.
  6. Oldsalt

Bonneville Minis

Ran across the attached pics I took at the Salt Flat a few years ago. There is sorta a competition to have unusual or whatever pit bike. The three engine one is mine; it has an electric starter and is the same paint as the car. The pink one is leaning against our A/GCC. A ladies' ride. That...
  7. Oldsalt

VT-1 Heald

VT2. I'm sill trying to disperse minibike stuff that I know I'll never use. I see the above pic of a "Side Pooper" you wish to rebuild and realized there's one like it in my engine pile. Don't know if these things are hard to find or plentiful but, in any case, you can have it for free if you...
  8. Oldsalt

VT-1 Heald

Absolutely FIRST CLASS! Obviously took a lot of skill in numerous fields to produce such a jewel. Not to mention the number of hours required. Howed ya get the clutch guard graphics restored?
  9. Oldsalt

Two clutch/two speed setups?

I remember them two speed clutch type set-ups. The problem as I recall is that they were weak. They had a 'sprag' [a 'one direction' device] in one of the jackshaft sprockets. The attached is a two speed trans that I, years ago, decided would be the high-zoot trans for a mini. It has a...
  10. Oldsalt

drill/mill bit for slotting?

The #1 problem with using an end mill in a standard drill press is that the drill chuck has a "Jacobs" taper. It has a rather high angle taper that is good only for pressure straight down....no side load that an end mill would need to make slots. The taper in a common milling machine is a lot...
  11. Oldsalt

VT-1 Heald

Above I posed that the guard was given for free....he will just pay for the shipping. It is difficult for me to understand how, with zero information, you could decide I was advertising pars for sale. Calm down. In another post on the 'strictly U.S. vintage' forum I posed "KEY PAC-PAL on...
  12. Oldsalt

VT-1 Heald

Just so everyone knows the facts.....if they wish to look. As you are known as a solid fellow I'll simply comment to you. I messaged back the first person that asked for the guard and told him the shipping cost would be $20. Advised him that I wanted nothing for the guard but asked that he...
  13. Oldsalt

So what are you welding with? (Post your set up here)

My first job as a welder was in 1959. Stick only. A few years later I was standing in line at Fruehauf Trailer [now defunk] to get tested to see if I could qualify to get a job with a MIG [back then it was called a short-arc]. A long line in front of me ...... and I was thinking I was doomed...
  14. Oldsalt

VT-1 Heald

Had this chain guard laying around for years....don't recall where or when I got it. In fine print at the bottom it says 'Model VT-1' and Heald Inc Benton Harbor, Michigan. Does anyone out there have such a machine that's missing a chain guard? I don't wish to simply throw it away.
  15. Oldsalt

The Official OldMiniBikes Mini Bike Clutch Cover & Chain Guard Thread

Had this chain guard laying around for years....don't recall where or when I got it. In fine print at the bottom it says 'Model VT-1' and Heald Inc Benton Harbor, Michigan. Heald Model VT1
  16. Oldsalt

KEY EQUIPMENT "PAC-PAL" [Tote Gote copy]

Is anyone interested in owning these things? I'll never get around to doing anything with them. In 1989 I moved to Walla Walla and worked at Key Technology. Got to know a few of the guys that were working at Key when they made the Pak-Pal. In about 2003 Tom Madson, President, asked Larry...
  17. Oldsalt

I have three machines in the backyard that are similar. One I'm sure one is a PAK-PAL. The first three pics are the right sides and the second three the left sides.
  18. Oldsalt

I see that the serial number is 61-1. I'll venture a guess that the plate was used on a 1961 machine. My 1960 drawing doesn't show the plate on the assembly drawing. That's a VERY nice item! Do you have the rest of the machine? Where was this mounted on the bike?
  19. Oldsalt

In the early '60s here in Walla Walla WA the Caper Cycles were beginning to be built [by Ben Hunt at his ag equipment shop]. About that same time, a few miles away [In Melton-Freewater OR] was a company that made food processing equipment and harvesting equipment decided, as things were slow in...