Search results

1. R

Electric start system/212 Predator

Hmmmmm.... maybe I don't have to re-invent the wheel much: Starter Ring. Flywheel, GX200
  2. R

Electric start system/212 Predator

Its an old thread, but ....ever make any progress Steve? I'm considering adding electric start. kicked back the other day and nearly pulled my hand off. My understanding is the guy from the youtube video mentioned above hammered the Honda flywheel (one with teeth for a starter) onto the...
  3. R

Bump stick of choice?

Hard to start turned out to be an air/fuel mix issue. Set the carb back to the defaults and then went from there. Runs awesome now! THANKS!!!!!
  4. R

Bump stick of choice?

Thank you for the input. The PBR can wall was less than 0.004. I'll definitely re-adjust the lash this evening. I'll check the one screw on the side this evening and see if the slide moves around. Lean idle mix causing the backfire? Very interesting, I'll investigate that as well...
  5. R

Bump stick of choice?

It’s been a while but I’m back. More parts came in - black mamba jr., 26# springs, raceseng S1 push rods, ¼” guide plate, 1.3 stamped rockers, and a 18cc head. Installed the cam, lined the dots up on the cam and crank. (Although I don’t recall if I made sure it was TDC, if it was not can...
  6. R

Turbo 390 :)

That is insane! I like it. Is the oil pump 6v or 12V? How are you charging the battery?
  7. R

Bump stick of choice?

WOW! Got the carb almost dialed in for the current build, and the bike is running great. Need to get a tach for it and start saving for the next round of upgrades ;-) Thanks again guys!
  8. R

Bump stick of choice?

Thanks for the input!!!! I used the stock length rod and still have the stock dish piston. I have considered the higher compression heads, but need to read more. Think I'm leaning twards the Mamba Jr with 26# springs and upgrade the rods / rockers. Still fiddleing around with my...
  9. R

Bump stick of choice?

Thanks txpowdercoater, thats helpful. Sounds like a blast! HAHA you guys are funny. You forgot Old Skool'n class..... I like that kind of free spirited thinking. Yeah man, I'm not trying to build to a specific "class". I'm just gonna build what what feels good and thats...
  10. R

Bump stick of choice?

[**Billet flywheel in hand, mikuni carb arrived today; billet rod and 18# springs should arrive this week along with a few timing keys.… The Plan is to put those in and take it for a spin (or 2…or 3…test’n’tune).] In the mean time I’m looking into cams and stuff. The Isky Black Mamba...
  11. R

Predator Torq Specs

Do you suppose this would apply? http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/honda-clone-predator-engines/27784-honda-clone-5-5-6-5-hp-bolt-size-torque-specs.html
  12. R

Predator Torq Specs

Does any one have the Factory Torq Specs for the Predator 212?
  13. R

Air filter on predator question

I was going to ask the same question. Installed a new air filter last night and experienced the same thing.
  14. R

Motor mount Adjustment plate

BTW, the plate worked GREAT! Showed it to two friends and they each ordered one. (Also put a PMR Jack shaft on it.)
  15. R

clutch engages at idle -whats up?

Had similar issues - same motor, same clutch. Guess I'll try oiling the bushing before ordering another clutch.
  16. R

manual clutch for horizontal shaft engine

Oh WOW! :thumbsup:
  17. R

Yeah you guys are right, that's what I want. Thanks!
  18. R

sealing the crimp seam on a gas tank

I hammer forged a tank and them welded the seams and was worried about sealing it. I used the POR product line to prep and seal the inside. I'm very happy with the results.
  19. R

I looked at that, but it seems to be more of an adapter plate to accommodate a larger block than a plate used to adjust the position of the block.
  20. R

Anyone know of a commercial product that allows adjustment of the engine's position both forward / backward and side to side? Has anyone built a custom one yet? I’ve been playing around with design ideas, but don’t want to reinvent the wheel if it already exists.