Search results

1. jbe24jg

Bridgestone/Rockford Chibi Piston or Cylinder needed

I recently purchased a 78 Rockford Chibi with a Bridgestone 60cc engine that was seized by the previous owner. I have a stock sized piston, but the cylinder has been bored to the 1st over specs. So I either need a stock bore cylinder or a 1st over piston. I'll get pics soon
  2. jbe24jg

Bridgestone rockford chibi parts

I know this post is 5 years only but do you still have any parts? I either need a stock bore cylinder or a 1st size over piston
  3. jbe24jg

5hp flathead smoking?

in the video I hardly rev it over 2000 due to the awful screech of the starter clutch (thats next on the to do list). How high should the oil be in relation to the oil fill hole?
  4. jbe24jg

5hp flathead smoking?

I did use the correct grit honing stones however and used cast iron rings and Im sure that I counter rotated to rings. I didn't check the ring gap or cylinder bore. That valve have the correct clearance but I'm not sure about the guides. It runs like a top and always starts and I really dont...
  5. jbe24jg

5hp flathead smoking?

I built this wards/gilson for last years build off and I put this 5hp briggs in it. I honed the cylinder put new rings it did all the gaskets but it smokes like a :censure:. Its aluminum bore and sounds killer. The first oil change there were a few little specs of metal but nothing major and now...
  6. jbe24jg

Crappy chinese atv

I pulled off the starter and it was a mess. Bits of the magnets taken out, wires around the coil broken, so it looks like I found my culprit.
  7. jbe24jg

Crappy chinese atv

The engine is not sized, I removed the side cover and was able to turn it over and it has compression.
  8. jbe24jg

Crappy chinese atv

i think it is a starter problem, I tried jumping the solonoid and all I got was a hot starter and some sparks. Its no big deal though, starters for these cheap chinese things are like $20.
  9. jbe24jg

Crappy chinese atv

recently recieved a cheap 110cc chinese atv from my nieghbor and I plan on getting it running and throwing it on craigslist. I hooked up a fresh battery, turn on the ignition, and all I get is a click from the starter soloniod. Does this mean I have a bad solonoid, bad starter motor, or what? I...
  10. jbe24jg

z50 headlight wiring

My k3 z50 has no headlight and a broken switch. It originally had an on/off switch with 2 wires and the headlight as well had 2 wires. But the aftermarket headlights and switches have three wires and instead of on/off its high/low. It looks like the new wire on each are both white, one with male...
  11. jbe24jg

z50 guys, this one is for you.

Thanks, the choke idea works, a little fiddling with the carb and it runs like a champ.
  12. jbe24jg

z50 guys, this one is for you.

My latest project, a k3 z50, starts right up and shifts fine but when a start to ride it it bogs when I give it throttle. I dont think its running to lean, I've already tried adjusting the carbs. Please help.
  13. jbe24jg

neat old one on craigslist

has a westbend old mini bike
  14. jbe24jg

Gear ratio help

after some research it seams the minibike standard gear ratio is 6:1 now to achieve this I should run 11 tooth clutch 11 tooth input 10 tooth output and 60 on the wheel right?
  15. jbe24jg

Gear ratio help

14.7 in outside diameter, plan on doing mixed riding.
  16. jbe24jg

Gear ratio help

So should I go for maybe a 16 tooth for the input, I initially had a 11 tooth input but I had no torq and would smoke the clutch
  17. jbe24jg

aftermarket carb for a 5 flathead

you could run a briggs flo jet carb, it should bolt right on and they gravity feed instead of vacuum feeding like the pulsa jet.
  18. jbe24jg

Gear ratio help

Is a 9.82 to 1 overall ratio good?
  19. jbe24jg

Gear ratio help

I'm re doing the jackshaft on my wards ( the original two speed clutch is shot ) and here is the setup I'm planning. 11 tooth clutch 18 tooth jackshaft input 10 tooth jackshaft output and 60 tooth on the wheel. Ive already bought most of the parts except for the jackshaft input. And I'm running...
  20. jbe24jg

Good deal

italijet minibike, pretty rare, low price, motor turns. VINTAGE 50 ITALJET MINIBIKE