Search results

1. B

Unplug spark plug?

I was putting a new air filter on my lawnmower and noticed the new filter said to disconnect the spark plug before changing the filter. I know that it doesn't matter in te slightest wether you do it or not. But what is the theory behind this? Again, I have no concerns about this, just want to...
  2. B

Comet series 20 or salsbery 330 driver 3/4 bore.

Title says it all, must be willing to ship to canada! Thanks
  3. B

1972 dmp

Here is my newest project. Just brought it home. It's been powder coated and the front fork has been rebuilt. It needs all new bearings a motor and I front brake caliper. Super excited to get riding on it! My other project (a complete build from scratch) is taking way too long to finish. I'd...
  4. B

Inexperienced with clones.

So I finally got around to starting up my black and yellow champion clone today. It's brand new and has sat for maybe 3 or 4 years in a shed. I took the carb off cleaned it real well and put back on. The motor starts and runs, but not well. It has the stock muffler still on (making a header for...
  5. B

Lights

Just wondering, why does no body run lights right off the magneto? Would LEDs draw too much power?
  6. B

Carb help

Hi, time to start building my yellow ad black clone. The plan is, Billet rod and flywheel (and remove the govoner) 26lb springs Open air Custom header Machine/ported/polished head The carb is where I am stuck. Should I just put a 90 jet in the stock carb, or should I get the mikuni...
  7. B

Home made Flywheel

Hi, I have been wondering about making my own aluminum flywheel. I was thinking to get a round hunk of aluminum, machine all the required features in it (i work in a machine shop), bolt the stock plastic fin ring on to it and voila home made cheap flywheel. I have a friend that works in a...
  8. B

Tube from valve housing to carburetor.

I'd like to thank everyone on here first for all the incredible help. I don't have much to offer but am thankful for all the help! On my mitsubishi 6hp there is a hose that goes directly from th valve housing to the airbox right before the carb. I am assuming that it take atomized oil and...
  9. B

Difference in cc?

If all of the clones are the same, why do they have all different cc? I have come across a couple odd balls that looked identical to the Honda and one was a 202 and another was 190cc Predator has 212 Champion has 196 Honda 196 Princess auto 196 Just wondering, why? Is a 212cc more...
  10. B

Idler sprocket vs. plastic roller

I've been wondering, what would be more ideal for a chain tensioner and guide? The standard type plastic roller you see on doodle bugs. Or And idler sprocket. Not asking for any reason in particular, but just wondered if there would be any real advantage of using one over the...
  11. B

What is a billet rod?

Hi, please forgive me, I have looked and looked but I can't find an answer to my question. As soon as there is an answer this can be locked or what have you, or can someone direct me to the right place please. What is a billit rod? And what is it for? Plain and simple. I am a little...
  12. B

Mini vs doodle.

Hi, first off thanks to everyone in their advice on how tough doodle bugs are. I've gone a got all the parts to rebuild my doodle. Then a friend tells me that if I want it I can have his baja mini. The one with front. The 6.5 hp motor in that is shot. I was planning on putting a brand new 6hp...
  13. B

How to set up a throttle

Hi, I have a new miutsubishi gt600 6hp that came off of a pressure washer. The only problem i have is setting up the throttle off the carburetor. there is so little movement on the throttle that when trying to hook it up to a twist throttle, that basically its on an idle or wide open. do i need...
  14. B

How tough are doodle bugs / dirt bugs?

Hi, I just got a dirt bug (doodle in USA) that is in good structural shape bit in need of new rubber brake pads and a good coat of paint as well as a new throttle and brake line. Which is no problem for me to do. I want a minibike that I can trial ride in the forest where it will take a...