Search results

1. lowtidejoe

BAJA owners, please help with seat issues.

The foam made a dramatic difference in vibration when at full throttle. The bike is much softer now, i have yet to take it offroad because my chain is loose but i will have it on some serious ass kickin trails next week and i'll post an update.
  2. lowtidejoe

Removing the round rubber bushings took a 1/2in of potential depth off the bottom of the seat, which then was compensated by the 1/2 foam on the frame. I didn't put the foam on the frame where the seat slides into that pivot/tab area. When the seat is slid back in to be mounted it sits flush...
  3. lowtidejoe

Took this photo a few days ago, rubber bushings still there on the left. But i took them out when doing the foam on the frame.
  4. lowtidejoe

I took the rubber bushings off from under the seat and left the big black rubber square one though, that is in the rear of the seat, overtop the long bolt that attaches the seat to the frame I measured and cut foam tubing according to the bends in the frame and where it gets hot. Then secured...
  5. lowtidejoe

Here's my solution for now 1/2 foam tubing for copper pipes, and a few zipties. Already passed the bounce on the seat garage test.
  6. lowtidejoe

Tote Gote

Such a beaut, good luck with the sale!
  7. lowtidejoe

New Member and Mini Bike here

That's pretty much the finished product I was gonna go with. Right now I'm scratching my head though, if I ever run out of fuel while exploring miles out in the brush I want to be seen haha. I think I might pick up a GPS personal tracking device.
  8. lowtidejoe

I bet it does, your bike is notoriously sick! I'm going to take some welding classes this summer and hopefully i can bring my bike in. As for now i'm going forward with copper foam insulation piping, gonna get working on it today for under the seat. Should give me a half inch of seat travel and...
  9. lowtidejoe

I believe it's a type of mold. I haven't ever seen mold growing on a leaf like it, so i figured i would take a shot of it and get my bio professor to diagnose it next time i see him.
  10. lowtidejoe

Thanks, i was thinking the same thing. Doesn't seem anywhere close to sturdy
  11. lowtidejoe

Ft. Huachuca, AZ right above the Mexico border. Ive been here for 7 months and it's the most fluctuating, wild, and alien environment i've witnessed. Pic Dump If you guys have Instagram: lowtidejoe
  12. lowtidejoe

This is my first time out west and its probably the coolest place I've lived in the US. But as buckeye stated, the trails beat the hell out of me ha. I'm gonna try foam under the seat on the frame in the sensitive areas and see if there's any benefits. Might try and put a single tiny spring...
  13. lowtidejoe

Yeah i really wish i could put a rear suspension on but at the same time i like the stiffness because it makes me more aware of what's in front and coming up on me. I just have a feeling i'm gonna break the seat haha and i'm only 145 lbs but the trails i'm riding are kind of questionable for...
  14. lowtidejoe

:scooter: The stock seat simply isn't cutting it, i have been taking my bike through some pretty rough, and big rocky trails and with no rear suspension my back has really been taking a toll and so has the seat, i've already lost two of the small rubber bushings under the seat on the trail...
  15. lowtidejoe

Building A Bumper For The Truck

Man that bumper is so sick, top notch! :thumbsup: I'd pick one up if I had a first gen :laugh: hopefully one day soon I will!
  16. lowtidejoe

Took the Rupp out for a Ride, and some pictures!

Best bike ever :thumbsup:
  17. lowtidejoe

Not old, not a doodle... outsider. Rat Rod Mini Baja

Nice simple and functional build heavy stones, what kind of speed gains are you looking at?
  18. lowtidejoe

Help with starting/idle issues on new MB200

I'm gonna go with this, ease of access at the local walmart and i should definitely get something soon being in southern az living in front of a huge construction area.
  19. lowtidejoe

Help with starting/idle issues on new MB200

Thanks for the help guys, seriously appreciate it :thumbsup: