Search results

1. BenWeatherley

Hs35 blower housing/recoil

I'm really happy with how it turned out. All tinwork blasted, epoxy primed and all finished in 2k paint.
  2. BenWeatherley

Kick Stand

Hi. Would you be willing to ship to the uk? If so how much? Thanks
  3. BenWeatherley

Harrison wildcat questions.

See that's identical to my 90s one but the cover won't fit that one either. The capacitor protrudes the metal frame of the cdi an identical amount. I'm baffled to be honest. Any more ideas?
  4. BenWeatherley

Harrison wildcat buddy pegs

Thanks so much for these. A great help. Cheers
  5. BenWeatherley

I'd misread when you warned me at the start of this thread about the two types, I thought you were warning me not to try to fit a curved top (early points) shroud. In hindsight I should of got a wide top shroud (i might still have to) but although the craftsman shroud only cost me $8 the...
  6. BenWeatherley

Yeah I've got my head around it now. I'd missed the fact they changed twice. Once for steel flywheel then again for cdi. It's a real shame as would look great if there was just half inch more clearance. I either need to attempt to modify my craftsman shroud somehow to fit or try and source the...
  7. BenWeatherley

Well I thought I was on a winner. Got hold of a 4 legged style blower housing/shroud on ebay your side of the pond and got a new repro recoil. However.. when I try to fit it to my engine it fouls the cdi unit? Setting the cyclone shroud and 4legged shroud down on the bench end to end you can...
  8. BenWeatherley

1970 Wildcat bearings

Mine had all flanged except the one sprocket side of the rear wheel. I couldnt really fathom why so I've sourced a full set of flanged ready for my rebuild as my bearings were all shot
  9. BenWeatherley

GTC 340

Ok thanks
  10. BenWeatherley

GTC 340

Any luck with the info on converting a 330 to take the wider belt?
  11. BenWeatherley

Thanks for thinking of me Frank but I'm going to go down the route of a 4legged recoil on an early cdi shroud. Think I've got all the bits I need on the way now other than a decal set which I will order once painting. Cheers
  12. BenWeatherley

GTC 340

That would be great thanks. That way I could use one of these gtc340's with my 330 driven yeah?
  13. BenWeatherley

That sounds like the best plan I think. It's never going to be a race bike with an h35 and I'm not building it to be one. Also it seems a shame to strip apart a brand new engine. Again it can be a project of it's own if I choose to upratecthe carb at a later date.
  14. BenWeatherley

GTC 340

Thanks for confirming that for me. Cheers
  15. BenWeatherley

GTC 340

My harrison wildcat I'm restoring had a salsbury 330 driver and driven. The driver is long gone. Could I use one of these gtc340 units? Does the 340 use a wider belt than the 330 did? Cheers
  16. BenWeatherley

Salsbury 330 driver

Has anyone got and original salsbury 330 driver to sell? Or maybe a comet 340? (Although I believe thec340 uses a wider belt?) Thanks
  17. BenWeatherley

Thanks for the heads up on meadowbrook. Think I've got most of the parts sorted now to make it look more minibike era from your side of the pond. I'm going to run the stock carb to start. Maybe next winter I will play with making It a little more tuneable. My only tuning thought at the moment is...
  18. BenWeatherley

Thanks very much for such an informative reply. I've been wanting to restore the bike for years a big stumbling block is lack of tecumseh engines here in the uk. Then I literally stumbled across the nos h35. Rare find here so had to have it. Hs40s/ 50s just don't come up here and finding someone...
  19. BenWeatherley

Harrison wildcat buddy pegs

Brilliant mate cheers. Any pictures of how and where they mount on the bike would be great. Cheers
  20. BenWeatherley

Harrison wildcat torque converter advice needed

Thanks. It's getting a full restoration. Probably looks better in the pictures than it actually is. I'm a paint sprayer by trade so has to be painted up really