Search results

1. K

how important is the!

How important is the plastic cover that goes over the clutch on my scat cat trike? I'm running with out one now and melted a belt in the snow. Could it be prevented if I had cover on trike. Thanks Kenny
  2. K

Other trike sites

I was reading a thread on this site and they mentioned a diffrent Webb site about trikes with engines out homemade toys ect... this site is awesome but I like ti check what other sites have ti chat about. Thank you. Kenny
  3. K

Amazon clutch and converters kits

Correction I meant to say TAV kit. Sorry about that. I'm new to the 30 series tav systems.
  4. K

Amazon clutch and converters kits

I bought a after market clutch convert kit from Amazon. Couldn't beat the price. Coming back to haunt me now. So I'm browsing Amazon and I see original comet cvt kits. I thought comet was no longer in business. And they have them in stock. They also have a Stens driver pulley. That pulleys belt...
  5. K

a new good belt

I'm in need of a new belt for a look alike comet 30 series. I'd like to get the best there is cause the fake clutch system I have eats belts up. I found out the hard way. Thanks guys Kenny
  6. K

burnt bell issue.

So I need a new belt. Where do I get one at? A good one and how much do they cost? I'm going to start a mgr thread about this question. Thanks for all yoir input guys. Kenny
  7. K

burnt bell issue.

It's a look alike comet clutch. $134 from Amazon. I'm stumped on why it burnt like it did. I ride it harder in my yard and gravel in driveway and regular pavement then I rode this morning. Anyone else have any thoughts? I need them. Kenny
  8. K

burnt bell issue.

That could be. I don't have a cover over the clutch and pulleys. I hope not cause that the best time to ride in Seattle. When it snows 3 times a year.
  9. K

burnt bell issue.

I've driven the trike fir a good 10mi before today. So I don't think it a belt alignment. It like the belt got stuck and then burnt. Here's pictures of belt.
  10. K

burnt bell issue.

It snowed in Seattle last night so I woke up early and bundled up to ride my tri sport muskin. New predator 212cc new 30 series clutch. I was mobbing all over. Heading home pulling into my drive way the trike did a big lerch and I looked back and my belt was burnt through. Ugly looking. Why Why...
  11. K

wheel spacer

I'll post some up here soon. Not much to show you in a pitcher but I'll get one for you. Kenny
  12. K

wheel spacer

That's a very good question. I'm sure your trike is some piece of work. Good luck and be safe. Your not as old as you use to be.. WKS
  13. K

wheel spacer

I have a home made trike. Adult trike with Honda engine on it. I mounted the engine ti a block of wood to make the engine not rub on plastic pull start cover. I took the block off cause it would flex and and toss chain. So bolted engine to the frame. But now it rubs on tire. Can I put spacers on...
  14. K

370cc engine and clutch

The engine is a 377 out of a 1982 sea doo safari. Abd I don't think the rear end will take that powerful of an engine. But it sounded good foyer a min. Thanks for your good input
  15. K

370cc engine and clutch

I have a line on a snow mobile engine. I think it's a 370cc and clutch system with sled for $200. I'd like to try and mount it in my tri sport trike. Clutch and engine. It will bee a very tight fit and some serious mods. Is it worth it and is that engine any good? Need some advise guy's. Thanks...
  16. K

live axle + steering = no good

I started out with a one wheel drive at first. That was the scariest ride I've ever had on my trike. Jab the throttle and instantly it would tank you to the drive side tire. Dam near took out my mail box and a couple parked cars all in the same ride. Live axle was next option. I'm going to look...
  17. K

comer k-80

Anyone ever messed with this engine before? I can't get spark from it. I think it came off a bad ass cart. The guy I got out from was a weird duck. Handed me engine and closed the door. No money nothing. Still he's a odd ball. Would this engine go good on my tri sport trike. And is it a 2...
  18. K

live axle + steering = no good

I made a adult trike with Honda engine. Fun to ride, turns alot of heads but doesn't turn for nothing. Any idea on how to weight the front end down to make turns easier? If I lean on front end it will turn going slow. At cruising speed it turn much easier. Never did a hi speed hair pin turn...
  19. K

trike keeps tossing chain

It turned out to be the nut holding the clutch on shaft came out. So when I would get on throttle hard the clutch would start coming off the shaft. Glad it was a easy fix. Thanks for all your input. Kenny
  20. K

tapered shaft

I have a chance to get a brig and strat that's 11hp with tapered shaft. The converter that goes on that is outrageous in price. Is the a way to mod the shaft? Thanks fir looking. Kenny