Search results

1. K

how important is the!

How important is the plastic cover that goes over the clutch on my scat cat trike? I'm running with out one now and melted a belt in the snow. Could it be prevented if I had cover on trike. Thanks Kenny
  2. K

Other trike sites

I was reading a thread on this site and they mentioned a diffrent Webb site about trikes with engines out homemade toys ect... this site is awesome but I like ti check what other sites have ti chat about. Thank you. Kenny
  3. K

Amazon clutch and converters kits

I bought a after market clutch convert kit from Amazon. Couldn't beat the price. Coming back to haunt me now. So I'm browsing Amazon and I see original comet cvt kits. I thought comet was no longer in business. And they have them in stock. They also have a Stens driver pulley. That pulleys belt...
  4. K

a new good belt

I'm in need of a new belt for a look alike comet 30 series. I'd like to get the best there is cause the fake clutch system I have eats belts up. I found out the hard way. Thanks guys Kenny
  5. K

burnt bell issue.

It snowed in Seattle last night so I woke up early and bundled up to ride my tri sport muskin. New predator 212cc new 30 series clutch. I was mobbing all over. Heading home pulling into my drive way the trike did a big lerch and I looked back and my belt was burnt through. Ugly looking. Why Why...
  6. K

wheel spacer

I have a home made trike. Adult trike with Honda engine on it. I mounted the engine ti a block of wood to make the engine not rub on plastic pull start cover. I took the block off cause it would flex and and toss chain. So bolted engine to the frame. But now it rubs on tire. Can I put spacers on...
  7. K

370cc engine and clutch

I have a line on a snow mobile engine. I think it's a 370cc and clutch system with sled for $200. I'd like to try and mount it in my tri sport trike. Clutch and engine. It will bee a very tight fit and some serious mods. Is it worth it and is that engine any good? Need some advise guy's. Thanks...
  8. K

comer k-80

Anyone ever messed with this engine before? I can't get spark from it. I think it came off a bad ass cart. The guy I got out from was a weird duck. Handed me engine and closed the door. No money nothing. Still he's a odd ball. Would this engine go good on my tri sport trike. And is it a 2...
  9. K

live axle + steering = no good

I made a adult trike with Honda engine. Fun to ride, turns alot of heads but doesn't turn for nothing. Any idea on how to weight the front end down to make turns easier? If I lean on front end it will turn going slow. At cruising speed it turn much easier. Never did a hi speed hair pin turn...
  10. K

tapered shaft

I have a chance to get a brig and strat that's 11hp with tapered shaft. The converter that goes on that is outrageous in price. Is the a way to mod the shaft? Thanks fir looking. Kenny
  11. K

tri sport trike brakes

The brakes on my trike have a metal band that pinches the hub to stop trike. What the hell kinda set up is that. Squeals and drags to were I disconnected the two. Ifs the a better set up. I have a disk brake to put on it but not much room to mount it. I have a cheesy drum brake I put on front...
  12. K

trike keeps tossing chain

My adult trike with a 6.5 engine tosses it chain when getting on it hard. If I get on it slow it will this it at a cussing speed.I made a tendon with a spring. Photos will show it. Any ideas?
  13. K

New clutch but looks diffrent

I just received my 30 series clutch today. It came with a mounting plate that I don't need. I'm putting it on tri sport with a new 212cc clone. And the belt is way to short and flat on one side. Can u use a belt that's angled on both sides. Is there something I'm missing. I can't side engine up...
  14. K

new converter new engine

I'm finally ready to mount my new 30 series converter on a band new 212cc. Is there any helpful hints I need to know before I dive into this. It's going on a tri sport 3 wheeler.
  15. K

removing rear wheel from axle.picture

Here is the best picture I could take. Hope it shows what I'm up against. This space it's stuck on axle real good. Soaking and tapping on it every so often. Ken
  16. K

mounting brand new predator. help

On my new 212cc there are only two holes drilled to mount the engine. The other to are smaller and don't go all the way throug. Can I fill the hole bigger on engine? Ken
  17. K

belt tension

I'm installing my 212cc predator on my tri sport trike. There are extra holes drilled for engine mounting for diffrent engines. I'm not sure what home to mount my engine too. So how tight should the belt be. Totally new to the comet style clutch. Thanks Ken
  18. K

clutch help!

I need to know what kind of converter this is. And it's it able to be fixed. I bought a 212cc ohv engine tonight. Need to figure out clutch so I can ride this thing. That engine should do good on this trike. Thanks Ken
  19. K

mud cat trike brakes help

Has anyone ever seen brakes that a metal band pinches the drum brake to stop. J have that style on my mud cat trike. I'd like to know how to adjust them. The owned before me out a bolt through anything that was loose. The clutch spring to the brakes has a bolt in them. Trying to save money so...
  20. K

removing rear wheel from axle.

I can't figure out how rear wheel comes off. It has a nut that is round with not square edges. I can't find a way to grab on to it cause of the deep dish wheel style. Is there a special tool I need? It's inn a mud cat trike. If needed I'll post pictures. Thanks Ken