Search results

1. M

predator 212cc mid range problems

thanks boostdoctor it was the clutch I turned around in watch the clutch in the midrange damn clutch smoking like crazy then when it locked up it hauled ass shakes the hell out of the kart I figured it would of sounded like it was slipping in raced the motor up like it would a car damn these...
  2. M

Predator Engine knocks

o and the factory rods don't have bearings there rods are machined there isn't any bearings...... a billet rod has bearings
  3. M

Predator Engine knocks

yeah I would plasti the rod for clearance could also be piston slap check your cylinder walls because piston slap you can only hear at idle. when you rev it up the piston is moving faster in more less so fast that when it hits that spot were its slaping your not going to hear it. more then...
  4. M

I have the ar3910x plug on a 14cc head can you use that plug with that head iv noticed my shim on the plug isn't there so could this b my problem.
  5. M

no I do not because it delivers more airflow in on my other 212 it made it a totally differ motor doesn't matter which carb u got as long as air in fuel mixture is good then you should b fine in I like these carbs that's why. but it had this issue with the (FACTORY) carb.
  6. M

ok I have built another 212cc I have got a aluminum flywheel on it haven't put rod or nothing in it just have removed the Gov. and have installed a gx390 carb but before I put the gx390 carb on there I had this issue I got now. when Im at a dead stop in I floor it its takes of pretty good...
  7. M

Mod 420 starting issue

during break in youll have a lil oil blow by the rings in it will not run right but after break in shell run smooth. lets us know how she runs after break in dump your oil put a load on it not a hard load run it threw different rpms in your rings should seat pretty good.
  8. M

modified predator 212cc for sale 900 dollars

I have a fully built predator 212cc it has about 3 hrs run time on it just built it back in January. wanting to build a gx390 in if I sell this one I can atleast get some money back on it for this build arc aluminum flywheel 32 degree 14cc head 25 intake stainless 24 intake stainless...
  9. M

What do you know about these engines?

i think if your smart enough in know enough about these small engines and think you can tackle it, go ahead in beat yourself up, when you can build a predator very easily. but I think it would be a more simpler build with the predator , in only spend 100 bucks with coupon. this new pressure...
  10. M

Auto light spark plug

yes shim it. or youll b replacing cracked piston, put play doe on the piston install head and put spark plug in turn engine over acouple times with your hand remove head check your clearance play doe or clay works great
  11. M

Predator Hemi Jetting

get etube 140 with a .36 main jet. when u get the open air filter and header. wouldnt do it unless you have them if not with the stock air box and header then you'll b way to rich. should be little rich still on the idle circuit there rich on the predators as it is that's why they start up on...
  12. M

Predator 6.5 motor mount suggestions

rule of thumb... NEVER make your welds solid on motor mount plates they will crack faster from vibration I don't know why but they just do, SPACE your welds if you go that route. aluminum welds can get costly at shops or, go with a mount that will just bolt on an adjust for you.. with your setup...
  13. M

predator mods that can be done without aftermarket flywheel

yes ,if you are looking for speed you better dig deep into them pockets in start grabbing Benjamin's. its cost a lot to go fast. start with billet rod and aluminum fly wheel remove governor see what she does.. if we could all change our spark plugs to get 1 hp we would all have nothing to write...
  14. M

hemi head??????

good thought but piston would make it lot easier
  15. M

Help!! carb problems

did you replace the stud on the carb because if you tried to run the screw insert on the stud itll only go so far in not really tighten the carb up against the intake port on the head there will b gaps believe me I tried to do it without stud In I had gaps between head in the insulator plus...
  16. M

New project gx390 help guys need input!!!!!

looking for ideas to make a powerful gx390. this 212cc predator moded I got is going on my wife's go kart in I am building myself the beast GX390. I want to go out with a bang so anybody who has a pretty AGGRESSIVE gx390 which I know you guys do. please chime in and give me your input. my budget...
  17. M

hemi head??????

I just have the hemi head left over from my build I just wanted to do sum with it figured I would try that but like u said get a domed piston thanks for the input I think after thinking today my next build is going to b a mean gx390 motor saving up for it now just bought the motor waitng for it...
  18. M

Will not start!!!

seems like you got it figurd out buddy good luck
  19. M

New Predator 8 HP 301cc

ill buy it once they start making performance parts for it but for now ill stick with my 212cc I got over 600 in my motor next project is a gx390 im saving up for it right now plan on selling my 212cc one bad motor tho all stainless an billet its strong and has a wiesco piston it isn't going to...
  20. M

hemi head??????

on the new 212cc hemi head I got. I want to fill it in with aluminum for more compression, how much can I fill in the combustion chamber, is there a limit I know I cant fill it all the way in. I'm just wanting to know if anyone has tried this an has had good luck with doing it. I know it has to...