Search results

1. S

MTD/Western Flyer resto mod

FINALLY got my carb diaphrams in the mail today. It's only been a few weeks:blink: I put the engine back on the frame and put the fenders back on. I'm hoping this weekend I'll have time to really put it together. I'll be sure to take and add more pictures..
  2. S

Didn't get a whole lot done today.All I really accomplished is to get the wheels mounted back on. Front fender is still bleeding red through a little bit so I sprayed it some more. I think I'm just gonna end up calling it good-enough. This is all gonna be a 20-20 job anyway (that is, it'll...
  3. S

DB30 project

OMG I LOVE this bike. Looks like a mini Army cycle.
  4. S

Nothing too fancy on the paint since the frame had/has a lot of pitting and spatter that I didn't want to deal with. Just a scuff and respray kinda job. The wheels were starting to look pretty nasty so, decided to paint them as well. I live in the country with lots of dirt roads to ride on...
  5. S

Well, I've got most of it painted and was ready to put it back together (at least the frame) but noticed the fork bolt was bent pretty good. Got a new one from a local shop so, maybe I can start reassembly soon.
  6. S

Oh no, Oh well

If you can't ride it on the street, ride it on the sidewalk! :scooter:
  7. S

what thread pitch are OldMiniBikes seats?

Yep, you guys were right. 1/4-20 fits. I used a 1" bolt that fit, but ran into the foam just slightlt.
  8. S

Okay thanks guys. I have some 1/4 -20 in my shop. If they work I'll report back
  9. S

Bought a 12" replacement seat for my mini , but it didn't come with bolts What is the thread pitch on the threaded inserts?
  10. S

This sticker was the original on the front fender. It had been painted over and I was using a heat gun to remove it. I was actually hoping I could get the paint off and leave the sticker, but that wasn't happening. As you can see, It is definitely a MTD. This is what I believe to be the...
  11. S

found out the other day that this bike is 100% MTD. I'll show you how when I get some pics up.
  12. S

small engine atv/chopper frames

I'm really considering it, but I've already got one minibike project going. I want the chopper frame abd my brother-in-law wants the atv, but his truck would go through 5qts of oil to make the drive HA!
  13. S

Okay, the frame has officially been de-greased and I've scuffed up all the parts for painting. Yeah, I'm just going to scuff and spray over the top. The frame has a good amount of pitting and I don't want to take the time to fix the rust on this bike. Now I've got to take a grinder (probably...
  14. S

Degreasing the frame Before After
  15. S

Project Tetanus Shot updates

I'm sure you'll have more pucs for us after the show? I really like that paint especially with the red on top.
  16. S

Went to town and got a bunch of goodies. Engine degreaser, a make-shift mount for my Clutch/band brake, New bolts to mount my engine (I'll have to show you the old....thing that was terrible). New bolts for the fenders, paint, a master link for my chain, and some welding rods to reattach the...
  17. S

OldMiniBikes.com User Map No Longer Works

new guy added. Email me if you're ever in the area and we'll meet up for a cruise
  18. S

Clutch band brake.

I'd like to know how well it stops too. I'm planning to do the same thing on a Western Flyer with a briggs 5hp
  19. S

Nothing real significant to report today. Got the carb all dried up and put back together minus the diaphram. Also did some work on the fenders. The biohazard emblem on the front fender has now been removed and the fenders are mostly straight again thanks to a hammer and visegrips. Honestly, It...
  20. S

Ruttman chopper

That's one bad frame! Can't wait to see what you do with it. I can't help but be curious about the ride quality with a rigid frame but suspension on the seat.