Search results

1. K

Central Mass Mini bike event August 7, 2021

Attention all you New England Mini bike enthusiasts- August 7th, 2021, The G Vegas Rollers mini bike club of Gardner Ma will be hosting a mini bike show and swap meet. Save the date. Judging on several categories with prizes awarded. Food, music and good times all part of the plan. Stay tuned...
  2. K

NOVA Mini Bike (Super Sport Edition)

Guys, I am not sure i understand the problem correctly, but if it is what I think, firstly chase the threads with a die and get the threads as clean as possible. Then compress the spring first in a press, vise etc, wire the spring closed tight, install the springs and tighten them up tight...
  3. K

Mini bike show this summer?

With the corona virus making a mess out of everything, I wondered had anyone else thought of throwing together a mini bike show this late summer? My home town of G Vegas Ma. has canceled almost all the events they do during the summer. I am going to try to put on a mini bike/ moped show open to...
  4. K

Mariah, I am not sure about insurance as the bikes will not be running, but as far as a place to hold it, how about a car dealership. I was the factory rep for one of the big three automakers in Detroit (Deerborn) . A lot of times, the dealers WANT the public coming to their lot, potential...
  5. K

Dear fellow riders- With all the complications to peoples every day lives from Corona virus this spring, there are a lot of people and families that will not be going on vacation this summer. No Money, nervous about travel, etc. Has any one thought about putting on a mini bike show in their home...
  6. K

Fraudulent Mini bike parts sales on EBAY

Itype2slo, I have a funny feeling you didn't read the original discussion. It has nothing to do with Chinese vs American etc. I in fact have a 6.5 predator on one of my boonie bikes. The other is a 5 HP Tecumseh. The discussion is that to an unknowing buyer, he sees a frame for a Boonie bike at...
  7. K

Bruces, you seem to be missing the point. If you have a Rupp and a guy is selling a speedway mini bike parts, they are not going to fit. Just as a 7 HP engine will NOT fit in the frame of most of the Rupps. 70-76 had a tilted mounting plate, only 4 HP small frame Tecumsehs will fit. MINI...
  8. K

Heald Super Bronc

Bensid, if you want to get the frame down to bare metal, try paint stripper or if you want to try something kool, try electrolysis. Actually some very good videos on you tube. Need a big plastic tub, a battery charger, some washing soda and some steel rods. Watch the video on you tube. Paint...
  9. K

Guys thanks for the comments. I am most likely one of the older riders in this group. I come from a different time when a man's word meant something. I guess you the next generation of riders don't see it as a bad thing. But what if you were a newbie, saved up for a mini bike and then ended up...
  10. K

Heald Super Bronc

Bensid, I don't know what you a want to do with the Super Bronc, but 13 HP is RIDICULOUS!!! I have 2 1969 Heathkit Bonnie Bikes, a cousin of your bike. 5 HP is plenty. Even a 6.5 predator is plenty, which is on one of my bikes. I have fitted one with a torque converter, which gives me plenty of...
  11. K

Dear Fellow Mini bikers- I have recently and way too frequently come across some EBAY sellers misrepresenting vintage Mini Bike parts as Rupp or Boonie Bikes etc. We have one dealer in Michigan selling frames and parts that are not Rupp, yet he clearly puts Rupp in the add title. He has multiple...
  12. K

71 Sears Roeper rebuild-possible to use a Tecumseh HS 30?

Great Job on the bike. Looks like brand new. Tip of the hat to you. Something to be proud of. KRJ
  13. K

Rugblaster- Thanks for the info. Great- looking machine. I don't care about the top speed on this project, I own a Buell XB9SX which can cause you to stain your skivvies anytime you twist the throttle. I like the look of the older style block Tecumseh or Briggs. The predator 212 is on both of my...
  14. K

I am restoring a 1971 Sears Roeper mini bike-paint stripped off to bare metal, resto-mod etc. I have a brand new Predator 79 cc in a box, but I also have a clean Tecumseh HS 30 from a Sears edger (1970's). The old Tecumseh would look much better on the Sears than the Predator, but is it possible...
  15. K

Boonie bike help

thanks for responding. What I am looking for is the width of the spacer that go on the axel front and rear. When I center the rear wheel on the axel the measurement from the wheel hub to the frame doesn't look the same- and when I measure it it is over a 1/4 inch off. I was hoping someone who...
  16. K

Boonie bike help

Wondering if anybody knows the measurements of the axel spacers for 1970 heathkit boonie bike. I bought a "bike in a box" at a flea market got everything figured out but spacers. Worried may be some damage to frame -want to know spacer size so I am sure bike is okay to fix or have frame re-bent...