Search results

1. D

dumb question about tread direction

60 is insanely fast on that small of a mini. There's no suspension. I only have one place where I can run it out that fast. I'm 43 years old and if I were about 20 years younger without kids needing silly things like college I'd probably keep pushing it. I now have on my 212 hemi a black mamba...
  2. D

dumb question about tread direction

It depends on the tire construction. I can only tell you about tires I've used on my db30. It originally came with p330 tread 145/70-6 made by Wanda Tyre Ltd from China. Wanda P330s are sold as directional and they expect you to have them spinning in the direction of the center arrow on the...
  3. D

New Predator 212cc Engine Rewind Starter Posistion

Especially if you've done nothing to upgrade the brake on the mini. For example, the old style db30 comes with a rear disc brake that works poorly at best on a governed 212. Open up the throttle plate for higher rpms and that mechanical stock rear brake is worthless. If your mini came with a...
  4. D

knobby tires for doodle bug

I have a 2003 DB30 that has a 212 with a mikuni carb, TAV2, and some other stuff. It goes about 60 mph, probably faster but I don't have the stones to try. Anyhow the best combo tires I've found are Wanda Journey P333. They are knobby enough for dirt mud and grass and flat enough for street use...
  5. D

when you get a chance, could you please measure the largest and smallest distance between the engine mount plate and the bottom of the top frame tube? i want to see what kind engine room I have without breaking out the welder. i cant find any specs online that tell me what the clearances are.
  6. D

What make and model frame is that??? I want one! It looks like I'd have plenty of room to put a predator 420 on it, and the front forks look strong enough for me to weld a bracket for front disk brakes! A DB30 doesnt have enough meat on the front forks to handle a front brake. I tried, stopping...
  7. D

60 is very scary and stopping is an issue, even after installing a hydraulic rear brake. It will probably go faster than 60 but I don't have the stones to try. A DB30 has no suspension other than how much air is in the tires, so one wrong bump in the road and a funeral is likely.
  8. D

The throttle cable goes directly into the carb, yes, and the carb is spring loaded and the whole accelerator operation from that modification is VERY smooth.
  9. D

This is my DB30 with the 212 Non-Hemi 69730 that I completely destroyed because I did not completely remove the governor: And 3 days later I bought a 212 Hemi 60363 and bolted that on instead, after removing the governor properly: As you can see from the photos, the 212 Logo sticker is...
  10. D

Another thing I've read is that if you mod a 212 to go over 4000 rpms you should change to a billet aftermarket flywheel or else the stock flywheel will fall apart but before it does it will wreck the bearings in the engine because it is not balanced to spin that fast. I think billet flywheels...
  11. D

Also, I understand that this item costs almost as much as the engine did but it its worth every single penny. I bought one from this seller, removed my governor from inside the 212 engine, and bolted it right on. The difference it made is nothing short of amazing. on Ebay, Type item number...
  12. D

Edit: I just saw the official warning about discussing governor removal. So before you read the rest of this please know that governor removal/modification voids the engines warranty, and can cause serious damage to your engine, and may cause injuries to yourself or others. Therefore governor...
  13. D

6.5 HP Pull cord difficulty

start with taking the cover of the pullcord mech off the engine so you can see whats going on and if anything is getting kinked, knotted or just stuck. sometimes the center screw on the housing is out too far and the brass colored ring that it holds down gets jammed up in there
  14. D

Clutch smoking

if the contact metal inside the clutch got oil on it (maybe when it was built) the oil could have soaked into the pores of the metal and is now smoking every time it gets warm enough. I had a clutch that somehow got oil soaked and even after cleaning it in parts cleaner and thoroughly drying and...
  15. D

The MBX11 front fork assemblies are now available

Anyone know of a bolt on fork assembly including shocks that will fit without much modification on the older DB30? I want to add front brakes to my doodlebug but the problem is the stock forks are too thin and if i weld on a brake bracket and bolt a disc to the front the stopping force will...
  16. D

New 6.5 HP predator install. Choke problem

sounds like something is making the throttle vane open wide. stuck spring, stuck throttle vane, stuck something. if all parts move freely and return to closed idle position this shoudnt happen. if the air/fuel mix screws are turned too far in this can happen but I doubt that's whats causing...