Search results

1. RCGuy

Montgomery Ward 525 2 speed

Looking to sell my 525. Tec HS50. Comet 2 speed (Not NOS) New tires, chains, seat (Doodlebug). I made the fenders. Has original chain guards. Not shown, MW decal on clutch guard. Rear brake functions as original, but of my own construction. Painted, not powdercoated. Nice and dependable rider...
  2. RCGuy

Second Annual Lowell MI. Fall Color Tour Oct. 23rd

It's that time again! The leaves are turning and the midwest is ablaze with color. Time for a nice relaxing day of back roads, historic covered bridge and terrorizing the local high school. Meeting up at 12:30 pm, Lowell Middle School parking lot on Foreman Rd. Last year was a blast, we have...
  3. RCGuy

Lowell Mi pre fall ride. Sept 25th

Come one, come all! See the beautiful back roads, avenues and covered bridges of historic Lowell. Mostly paved and smooth dirt roads. Planning a stop at Fallsburg covered bridge, an ice cream pit stop and whatever else we have time for. In the past these have been rides with some miles on them...
  4. RCGuy

Doodlebug brake spring

On the rear caliper, there is a u-shaped spring that helps keep the pucks in the caliper. Question. Is this required, and if so, where does one get one? OldMiniBikes warehouse does not show it. Buddy has the hydraulic caliper upgrade and he spit out a pad today. Gonna check the mounting to make sure it...
  5. RCGuy

TAV guard?

Hi all, hope this is in the right place. Putting together a Gilson with a Tec HS50 and a TAV setup. Any advice on a guard That would mount on the motor?
  6. RCGuy

MW VT525 project

Picked this up from a member. It is now fall in Michigan, time for winter refit. Going to install a model 20 tav setup. Going with an HS50 and underseat tank. Right now I am fabbing up the rear band brake linkage from scratch, about 90% done with that. Hoping to be able to clean up the rims a...
  7. RCGuy

Drover

Thought I would throw this out there. A barn find that I brought back to life. Nice running 3.5hp Tecumseh, the model motor it came with originally. New tires, clutch, carb, chain and OldMiniBikes clutch brake. Surprisingly comfy and smooth ride, moves my 250 around ok. Seat shocks are not perfect, but...
  8. RCGuy

MW?

Picked this up recently. Not a clue what it is.
  9. RCGuy

A Bird maybe?

Close to me, thinking about it... Old School Ape Hanger Mini Bike
  10. RCGuy

Got my Drover going

Picked this up last year in a group of barn finds. Neighbor's buddy said he would like it, so I got started. Beekeeper had donated an H35 recently, so on to Ebay for new carb and exhaust. Jeep4me donated a nice air filter and gas tank. What a guy! New tires, chain and OldMiniBikes clutch brake. This mini...
  11. RCGuy

TAV sizes?

In shopping for a tav setup for my Gilsons, I see there are 3 different sizes, 20, 30 & 40. What are the differences? I am going to put the driven on the jackshaft, so size is a concern, I think 6" driven pulley is about right. Any help? Thanks, Mark
  12. RCGuy

Lowell MI. Fall Color Tour Sunday Oct. 25

Meeting at Lowell Middle School, 750 Foreman Rd. 49331. Lowell Middle - LMS Home 1 PM gathering in the parking lot. These rides usually go pretty long, plan accordingly. Right now weather looks a little cool. If it goes to poop, I will post here on Sunday morning for go/no go. This is most...
  13. RCGuy

Gilson/MW/AC Rear Brake

Looking for the rear band brake linkage setup for these bikes.
  14. RCGuy

HS50 intake manifold needed.

Old one broke in shipping. Anybody got one? Shipping to 49331.
  15. RCGuy

Complete Comet 2-speed w/Jackshaft

Works just fine,comes with 5/8" jackshaft. About 4 hours of use since bought new. Chains not included. About $300 worth of stuff, $200 shipped USPS ConUS.
  16. RCGuy

HS 50 ID help

I have a shot at an HS50 currently on a go-kart. Numbers are HS50-67208D SER 20706 Worth pursuing? Thanks, Mark
  17. RCGuy

Which OldMiniBikes exhaust for Predator?

We have a couple of Doodlebugs and a Gilson, all with Predator 212cc hemi's. OldMiniBikes shows 2 we are interested in, narrow frame, 8" clearance, KPHCMBS. The other is Tall narrow frame,11" clearance, KPHCMBTS. They both say perfect for Doodlebugs, a lirttle confused. Any help? Thanks, Mark
  18. RCGuy

Going to call it the mystery Bike

Picked this up from sixxpack yesterday. Before I could even get it out of the truck, buddy claimed it as his. Going to go with Predator, TAV and jackshaft. Should be a fun build, gonna take a while though.
  19. RCGuy

4 Horse rebuild help

Don't know if this should be here or the tech section, not a mod, just a refresh, maybe a rebuild. Mods may move it if it doesn't belong here. It appears to be off of a snowblower by the shroud configuration. Can't find any numbers on it, maybe covered by paint? Need to know where they might be...
  20. RCGuy

ISO Gilson front wheel

Looking for a Gilson 6" front wheel.