Search results

1. D

Salsbury clutch

Looking for a salsbury variable speed belt driver clutch 330 series that takes a 5/8 belt. Would of come on some tecumseh engined mini bikes. Any parts also would be helpful example nylon sliders. Clutch would be early 1970's. Thanks Garry
  2. D

Salsbury clutch

Working on a few DMP Trailchamp mini bikes and have a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with. All bikes have differant than original engines. One has a 6hp tecumseh with lighting coil. It is using a comet clutch with salsbury secondary variable speed belt drive. The other has a...
  3. D

Help on Tecumseh Engine

Hoping someone can help me on a problem I'm having. I thought I was on my way to putting a HS-40 back in the mini bike. I picked up a HS-40 motor on a snowblower. Engine ran good. I already had the lighting coil and flywheel from 4hp Tecumseh. Decided to put a new headgasket on it , but thought...
  4. D

Imformation on a couple of Tecumseh's

I've picked up a couple of tecumseh engines. One is a HS-40 off a old ariens snowblower. Looks in real nice shape and runs. One bolt was hissing like the head gasket was leaking so I took it apart. Everything looks great except the head gasket. The bolts holes are very close to the wall of the...
  5. D

Dmp engine

Anybody know what size of tecumseh this is. I can not find anything. Older hs-40 lighting col and flywheel is on it. Shroud has been modified. Thanks Garry
  6. D

Bulb numbers for headlight 1972 DMP

I have a 1972 DMP Trailchamp with a Tecumseh 5hp. It came with a light but I know it is not right. It is wired for a 12volt light right now. I would like to rewire it back to original. I have all the parts, wires, kill switch, hi low switch. The original light is missing the bulb and switch on...
  7. D

Return to my mini bike youth

I have been doing some research on mini bikes and found your site. I grew up with mini bikes my first was a LIL Indian. I had a blast with that bike. Living and working in the country lead me to saving up and buying a new DMP Trail Champ from the factory at Dehi. Front back disc brakes, torque...