Search results

1. D

Any interest in an Eastern Pennsylvania club startup

Interested, live in gilbertsville, work in allentown. Currently assembling a bike.
  2. D

Warm day in PA

I was out in the opposite direction, thanks though. Beautiful day for sure!
  3. D

Warm day in PA

Daaaang! Lots of locals, I guess I know who has been sniping the craigslist ads before me! When should we have a meet up?
  4. D

Warm day in PA

Where abouts in PA? Will be out and about today.
  5. D

CAT Slingshot... slow progress log.

Thanks chipper! 1st time mini bike build.
  6. D

Thanks, I have not had the chance to compare the forks with others to see if they were supposed to have that slight rearward bend or not. Would you suggest straightening with or without heat?
  7. D

Well, to be honest, I looked at OldMiniBikes warehouse, and found the least expensive clutch, looked at the specs, seeing it has an engagement speed of 1800 to 2000 rpm, and is rated for 2.5 to 7hp, it seemed like a good fit. I only assume these basic specs are enough to have a properly operating setup...
  8. D

Current plans are to use a tec HS40 from an old snow thrower that was given to me several years ago. I bought a clutch and a band brake setup for it, should suffice for now. I plan to have things assembled, and operational first. Then disassemble for clean up and paint work.
  9. D

So, after some parts gathering, both new and used, I have started mock up, and measuring my wheel spacing.
  10. D

Hey folks, I have been here for a few months now, and have acquired what you fine forum members have ID'd as a Slingshot. It came to me from a Craigslist posting, a short drive and $25 for a solid frame and fork set. Since then I started gathering some info, and some more parts, and have...
  11. D

Found on CL, is it a CAT?

Great information guys! Thanks! I can tell by taking a close look, the primer grey is covering several repaints over the years, multiple shades of green, and it was red at least once. I would guess it was originally a green one. The steering is very stiff at the moment, does it ride on a...
  12. D

Cool! Thanks for the info! What approximate year do we think it might be? Correct engine? Unless it's incredibly valuable, I don't plan to restore it or rebuild it with all original equipment. I would however like to keep it somewhat vintage. I have an '84 Tec HS40 from a snow thrower...
  13. D

Been looking for a while for a better starting point than the Chinese bike I picked up from a coworker. So, here it is! Thoughts? -Dave
  14. D

New member test

Here's a picture of whatever it is you'd call it... [emoji6]
  15. D

New member test

Thanks for the warm welcome! I had an elaborate opening post to make but kept getting denied. So, I am a car guy with modest welding and fabrication skills. I hope to be able to use some of them on my first and current project. Picked up cheap from a coworker, and after doing some research on...
  16. D

New member test

Quick introduction, I'm Dave from Pa. I am here to learn and have fun doing so.