Search results

1. A

New rear rim and sprocket needed

Hello. The rear rim on my 1971 sears roper is bad. Turns out that the sprocket is badly bent. Can anyone suggest where i can get a new rim and a bolt on sprocket? The sprocket on the rim now is welded on Dimensions are as follows Rim diameter 6" Rim width 3.5" Sprocket diameter is...
  2. A

1971 Sears Roper minibike

hello all i figured i would start a resto log of my all original 1971 roper. i have been able to save about 99% of the original parts besides the front springs since they were broken and i can not find them anywhere. so i removed the old spring cups and welded in new ones that accommodate for...
  3. A

installing new tire

whats the best way to put a new tire on a rim? i have 4.10 x 3.5-6 tires for a 6" rim. i got them off fairly easy, now im having trouble getting the tire started on the rim. i have a set of tire irons thank you for any ideas
  4. A

valve stem help

is the re a trick installing valve stems into the hole in the rim? i have the short stems with a seat roundness of about a little over .500" the opening in the rim is a little over .400" should i just grease it up and push it in as hard as i can or is there a stem with a smaller rim seat...
  5. A

chain # size

hello everyone how do i tell what chain # came off my mini bike? the ones i took off were frozen stiff thank you!
  6. A

Sprocket removal

Hey guys, any idea on how to get this sprocket off?? Is it pressed on?
  7. A

Front fork spring replacement

Hello. Im restoring my brother in laws 1971 sears roper mini bike One of the front springs is damaged and i would like to replace it. Is there a way to disassemble the front fork? Thank you Here are some pics