Search results

1. R

Any off-the-shelf front brakes for the Baja Heat? Or an upgrade for the rear?

Now that the go part is working well, I need to think about more whoa. That rear drum is ok for 25mph but I feel it's sketchy at 40mph.:scared: I'm not opposed to buying a parts bike just for the brakes. What should I look for? Thanks!
  2. R

Implements of Destruction

Finally got around to testing a small new purchase from Harbor Freight, the Warrior Hex Head Socket Drivers set (#68513) in conjunction with a very nice birthday present from Lowe's, Dewalt 5-Tool 20Volt Li-On Cordless Combo Kit ( # 254286, DeWalt # DCK590L2). Two batteries & a charger...
  3. R

Question about torque converter sprockets

I work with a knowledgeable guy. I was told that changing the TC sprocket 1 tooth size is equal to a 4 tooth change on the driven sprocket. Is this correct? If so, experimenting with final drive ratios would be cheaper by buying 12.00 sprockets instead of 30.00ish driven sprockets. What...
  4. R

What do I need to do to my 212 carb? Wont run with choke off, stage 1 kit installed

This is a Baja Heat with a mechanically stock 212 hemi & TAV-2. I swapped in a 35 jet & an Etube from OMBW, an ARC/RLV exhaust & filter/adapter w/ clutch lever bracket. It won't idle with the choke fully open & part throttle is kind of sputtering. I'm sure I have an idle circuit issue...
  5. R

New Guy here, already have projects in hand

Hello everyone! A month ago I bought a Kinroad gy6 150 'roller' off Craig's List & a week ago, a Baja Heat from Craig's list. The Kinroad buggy has a bad transmission(previous owner broke it, trying to fix a bad bearing at the FNR gearbox shaft) & the Baja already has a Hemi Predator replacement...
  6. R

Heavy throttle, help please!

I recently purchased a CL Baja Heat with Hemi Predator. The carb throttle lever moves easily enough, but the original Baja twist throttle is heavy & long(to twist full open). Is this a cable lube issue or something else? The nut on the linkage is not snugged tight. The original speed control...