Search results

1. Sarge81

HS50 crankshaft question.

Here are some pics of the measurements in this crankshaft.
  2. Sarge81

As you can see in the picture. Overall length is around 2-13/16". From the side cover to the 1-1/2" mark a 3/4" open end wrench won't slip over the shaft. From the 1-1/2" mark to about the 2-1/8" mark a 3/4" open end wrench will slip over the shaft. After that the shaft is tapered.
  3. Sarge81

Thank you sir. I went back to ebay to buy 1 of 2 brand new Tec 33676 crankshafts and...they were both sold. :( So the hunt continues.
  4. Sarge81

I picked up a HS50 67081C Serial # 6279B engine cheap at a garage sale. It was mounted a generator at one time. It looks to be very, very low hours if any on it. Correct me if I'm wrong..I guess you can't use the tapered crankshaft with a Rupp TC. This is a points engine with the ball bearing...
  5. Sarge81

New guy from the Buffalo, NY area.

Thanks for the welcome! That's a good idea Shawn. I might do a restoration thread. I think I might start that in the winter. No time now. Very busy summer ahead.
  6. Sarge81

Rupp HS40 engine

Well that was a quick end to a search. I want to thank "gammatg" for hooking me up with a Rupp HS40. Great dude to do business with and very knowledgeable. He has a helluva collection of Rupp's to envy.
  7. Sarge81

Rupp HS40 engine

Thank you for the replies everyone. I never expected quick responses. Very cool. I'm going to check out a engine from a local member from here later today. If it doesn't pan out I will get back to you guys.
  8. Sarge81

New guy from the Buffalo, NY area.

Hello everyone, my name is Darryl. I've been tossing around the idea of getting another Rupp Hustler like I had as a kid back in '79. So the other day a friend told me about a decent Hustler for sale and needed some restoration. I wound up buying it. The wife thinks I'm nuts, but doesn't really...
  9. Sarge81

Rupp HS40 engine

Thanks for the info "pdlsa10." I haven't been around Rupps since 1979. I'm kind of reliving my youth. lol. But I wouldn't mind adding a headlight/taillight to this bike.
  10. Sarge81

Rupp HS40 engine

I just acquired a '71 Rupp Hustler. I'm looking to restore it back to original like the '72 I had as a kid. So one piece I want to start with is a original Tecumseh HS40 engine. It can either have a lighting coil or not. Thanks.