Search results

1. 7

Spring stuck in fork leg - K&S bike

Yes sir, the retaining bolt is out and it's the spring that's wonky. I've got a couple cans of Kroil I'll soak it in and give 'er another go.
  2. 7

Muskin Cat for the kids

I've got my parts ordered for the Muskin from OldMiniBikes! The $21 pair of Snow Hogs are great! Still not sure about offsetting the fuel tank or finding a replacement of some sort.
  3. 7

Spring stuck in fork leg - K&S bike

I was pulling apart the K&S I have and discovered the front end is sprung! I had no idea, everything was so painted up and stuck it just seemed solid. Anyway, one leg came out fine, but the other... well, the spring is stuck. Hard. It (the spring) has a weird bend where it's been compressed...
  4. 7

Muskin Cat for the kids

Well, got quite a bit done this weekend! Pics to come, but of note are I unpacked the Predator engine to find a Hemi :thumbsup:, and that is wouldn't fit in the Muskin frame with the fuel cap on :frown:. But then I took the tank off and if I use the right stud in the left hole and fabricate a...
  5. 7

Hello everyone, quick bike from MS

not many. I've only got, like 15, and i can now post pics.
  6. 7

Muskin Cat for the kids

Thanks danford1! Good ideas, and yeah, the bicycle sprocket definitely shows up better than the 'real' sprocket! :laugh: I was counting teeth last night and got 72, but math isn't my strong suit. My hope is that me new tires are smidge larger diameter and will help with the size discrepancy...
  7. 7

Gas tanks

pics of the undersides?
  8. 7

Muskin Cat for the kids

I ordered a 6" steel front wheel & bearings today (to replace the harbor freight 4"er), and got a PAIR of 4.10x3.5-6 Kenda Snow Hogs for $21 (+$10 to ship)! That seemed too good a price for 2 to pass up, even if they end up softer than expected and wear quickly. Next up is the clutch, brake...
  9. 7

Muskin Cat for the kids

Oh! Thanks! I thought I saw they were 5/8" :thumbsup:
  10. 7

Muskin Cat for the kids

I was given two mini bikes this summer from a friend who had a stroke. There's a thread in off topics if you're interested, but let's get to the meat of the discussion. Winter is deep here in the inland northwest so I thought I'd get to work! My daughter and I removed the little Briggs from...
  11. 7

Cat 300ss

Thank you!
  12. 7

Cat 300ss

Very nice! What brake system is it using? is it a sprocket caliper? I've got a 250 Cat and want to add a better brake than the scrub...
  13. 7

Electric mini bike

Cool! I like your chopper a lot!
  14. 7

Shifter Minibike Build

There used to be a product you could pour in a tank, swish around and it would line the container it was used on. I used it on a lawn mower tank with good results.
  15. 7

Super Bronc project has begun

What's the tire diameter and gear ratio for your sprockets?
  16. 7

Welding and a Pacemaker

My dad's got a pacemaker/defibrillator and owns an automotive collision repair shop. his doc told him to not even stand in front of a car with the hood up and engine running! :blink: He told the doc, "Do you know what I do for a living?" the doc said, "sounds like you're retired!" HAHA...
  17. 7

Trailhorse GTO1200 find:)

What's the gearing on that?
  18. 7

New member - Spokane, WA

Well everyone, winter is deep here in the inland northwest so I thought I'd get to work! My daughter and I removed the little Briggs from the Muskin frame and pulled the wheels to check bearing and tubes and such. Also yanked the throttle as it's cracked. Yesterday I bought a Predator 212 for...
  19. 7

New member - Spokane, WA

Thank you all! Thank you all! Hmm... Torque converter, you say, Markus?! I've not worked with them, but have seen a few examples. I assume a TC would be favorable over clutch style sprocket? We do take our generator camping with us, so the 110 starter will be right at home.
  20. 7

New member - Spokane, WA

Hi all! The other day I was given two mini bikes by an elderly friend. He had plans to get them running, but a stroke put the kibosh on that. No idea what I have yet, but maybe someone will recognize these things? The smaller of the two has a smaller (3.5hp?) Briggs, and I was also given a...