Search results

1. fhpe77

Looking for a set of JC Penny El Tigre front forks

I'm looking for a set of JC Penny El Tigre front forks to replace my existing ones. My left handle bar is bent and the springs are frozen. I would also consider buying a frame and forks set. Please advise. Thank you. -Ray
  2. fhpe77

Lightly used VM22 Mikuni "Chikuni" carburetor

Up for sale, a clean Mikuni VM22 "Chikuni" carburetor kit for Honda GX200/Clone engines. I bought this carb from NR Racing ~two years ago. This carb has low hours and has seen a little 93 octane pump gas and mostly VP 94 octane SEF (ethanol free) fuel. The only fault I can find is the rubber...
  3. fhpe77

Air filter for Mikuni (Chikuni) 22mm carburetors

After getting my Mikuni (Chikuni) carburetor sorted out last winter/spring I have been enjoying the new-found performance. It works really well with my build and rideability and throttle response is vastly improved over the stock re-jetted Predator carb. I used the air filter provided with the...
  4. fhpe77

Local find, what is it?

Found this nearby but have no idea what it is. Interesting engine mount.
  5. fhpe77

6" Street Tires

While I love the look of old-school Carlisle studs, they are not the best for street riding. My existing studs were well worn and replacements were needed. I wanted to improve rideability and safety. Looking at what's available in 6", I thought about getting 4-ply studs. The 2-ply tires tend...
  6. fhpe77

What is it?

I'm thinking of purchasing this frame. Any idea what it is? Thanks. -Ray
  7. fhpe77

Mikuni VM22 on built Predator Hemi

I finally went and did it and it was a great decision. The increase in power is amazing and it noticeably improved throughout the range. My Predator Hemi has the usual billet rod, billet flywheel, governor delete, SS valves, 26 lb springs, milled & ported head, 10.5:1 static compression ratio...
  8. fhpe77

What is this?

Anybody know the make/model and approximate vintage of this bike? Has a Kawasaki FA210D engine. Thanks. -Ray
  9. fhpe77

Predator Hemi build question

I've been running a stock internals Predator Hemi for about a year now. It's has the usual jet/e-tube/flywheel key/air filter/header stage-1 kit. I am impressed with the power this thing makes but have a serious engine building jones. Reading this forum does not help. :smile: To get my fix...
  10. fhpe77

New rides entry: 1971 JC Penny el Tigre

fhpe77 1971 JC Penny el Tigre I purchased this el Tigre from a gentleman who had it listed on Craigslist during October 2016. It had a flat rear tire and the engine had not been started in years. I gave the starter a gentle pull and felt the good compression. The engine is a 2000 Tecumseh...
  11. fhpe77

Astro wheel sprocket issues

My el Tigre resto-mod project is coming along nicely. So far I have replaced the handle bar grips and throttle control, the rear shocks, the clutch, and added a clutch band brake. Additionally, any bolts that get touched get replaced with grade 8 fasteners. Lastly, I replaced the wheels with...
  12. fhpe77

H35 inspection and cleaning

The guy that sold me the mini bike stated that the engine was a replacement and had low hours. The label on the engine agrees with the first part as the DOM indicates the year 2000. It already runs pretty good with the new adjustable carb but I like to clean out the carbon and check the...
  13. fhpe77

wiring a kill switch to a non-points ignition

Here's my second question for today. How would I wire a kill switch to a Tecumseh non-points ignition? I'd like to get the toggle switch that is on my frame working. I found plenty of info for the old points ignition setup but nothing for the newer ignitions. Thanks again. -Ray
  14. fhpe77

H35 gaskets

Hello all, So I have my year 2000 H35-45536Y engine running pretty good. The replacement adjustable carb makes it easy to tune. One of the things I like to do with an old flat head engine is to pull the head and valve cover off to inspect the cylinder wall, remove all carbon build-up, and...
  15. fhpe77

Hello, new member here

Hello all, I registered for this forum yesterday. It seems like a great resource for mini bike information and a cool place to hang out with like-minded individuals. So here's my story. The 1992 MTD lawn tractor that I have been cutting my lawn with since 2003 suffered a connecting...