Search results

1. T

Questions predator engine build

Yep. No offence taken. Thank you everyone for the help. I literally couldn't do it without you guys because I know no one in real life who messes around with go karts or mini bikes.
  2. T

Thanks. I appreciate it. Now I just need to upgrade all the other parts of my bike.
  3. T

Thank you for the advice. I'm broke right now after spending all my money on the engine parts, but I should have this build completed soon.
  4. T

I will try to get some pics tomorrow. The whole part 5/7 assembly is what keeps breaking down. One of the metal rods on part 5/7 came out and hit me in the leg. It jabbed me pretty bad. I had to get 4 stitches. You are correct in saying that the screw came out. I don't know why the screw keeps...
  5. T

Yeah, I think I made that mistake. The bike went 45mph (flat ground) with the T/C before the mods. I really is too fast for me to just drive around in the yard. I'm not going to give up though. The whole point of this build for me was to have fun building an engine. The only problem now is that...
  6. T

This is the part that exploded on me, twice: 30 Series Torque Converter Driver Clutch, 3/4" Bore, Replaces Comet 219552, 5957 | eBay I understand your confusion, in me saying it was a clutch. Note: I have never had a centrifugal clutch blow up on me. The only part that has broken is the "torque...
  7. T

It would be nice to use the torque converter, but I'm not sure where or how to make a custom rear sprocket. I'd rather just buy that PMR kit and call it a day. I really like the fact that the PMR has a metal cover surrounding all the moving parts, just incase something does go wrong. Plus it...
  8. T

What do you mean by "lug the motor to death"? Will it actually destroy the engine? I really want to buy this setup: PMR Jackshaft Kit Warrior/MB165/200 I'm just researching all over the internet to see if it can handle the power of my modded engine.
  9. T

Engine assembly issues?

Yep. I made the same mistake 2 weeks ago. It was my first engine build. You really need to have the valve lash set properly. I nearly ripped my hand out trying to pull start the engine. Once I had the lash set properly, all the problems went away.
  10. T

Yep, that's the carb I have. This is the cam I have : BP2 Grind Predator Core Dyno Cam. I'm only 18 and this is my first engine build ever and I had no idea what I was doing. I chose the parts after research because I thought they would work best, and more importantly, fit with out modification...
  11. T

This is the "clutch" I was talking about on the TC: 30 Series Torque Converter Driver Clutch 3 4 034 Bore Replaces Comet 219552 5957 | eBay That part blew up on me twice.
  12. T

Also. My engine seems to not be that much faster than before. Maybe 5mph faster than stock. It just gets there really quickly. It also doesn't seem to rev that high. Probably has something to do with my torque converter.
  13. T

Well the engine work. Just too well. I've blown up two, different clutches in 10 min of runtime. This engine is just too powerful for the torque converter I have installed. I might just switch back to a centrifugal clutch to see how it performs. Any suggestions on a better transmission than the...
  14. T

No, that's 100 for just the pulley only.
  15. T

Looks like it costs $100. Not worth the money to me: h ttp://www.gopowersports.com/30-series-driven-7-dia-3-4-bore-murray/
  16. T

I will measure the hole measurement this weekend, once I have time. This is the t/c I have: h ttp://www.ebay.com/itm/191419554815 (note: I added a space between the h and ttp to follow the forum rules. I see that it lists it having a 6" drive pulley. Where do I get a 7" pulley? Thanks for the help.
  17. T

Sorry for the late response! I've already bought all the parts and have most of the engine together. Just missing some gaskets that are coming in the mail. The engine is a non-hemi, I plan on using it with a torque converter in my baja warrior. I just want to have something to drive around in my...
  18. T

Hi, I plan on taking the governor off my predator 212 and rebuilding the engine with new parts. Application: baja warrior These are the items I am getting: ARC rod, ARC flywheel, BP2 Grind Predator Core Dyno Cam, #26 springs, HI COMP 14cc heads, new gaskets and mikuni carb. Am I...