Search results

1. TDB

New member // My build

I actually haven't ordered it yet. I've been putting the mini bike project aside to work on my car and on school :/
  2. TDB

Predator 212 keeps dying.

Oil is a little black but there is enough in it.
  3. TDB

Good news - I think I fixed it. Bad news - I shot a bunch of gas into my eye. That sucked a lot. Lesson learned to always wear eye protection. The spark plug was ok so I pressurized the gas tank and tried to force some crap out of the line, and I also topped off the tank all the way. I haven't...
  4. TDB

That was my plan, check the plug first and then go to the carb. Hopefully that's it.
  5. TDB

Any ideas? https://youtu.be/T9JyvHAXbdc Not sure why this stupid thing won't run, it seems like the fuel line is clogged or the carbs gummed up but I won't know until I tear into it. It ran great last time it was out, and I don't understand why the fuel line would be clogged or the carb...
  6. TDB

DIY predator 212 clutch cover/clutch guard

Thanks! Just picked up another piece of metal so hopefully I can get started on another one soon!
  7. TDB

Thanks! I've heard about rivnuts before (well I heard them called nutserts, same thing) but I didn't even think about using them, might not be a bad idea.
  8. TDB

Thank you very much! I did learn a thing or two, now I know how to make the bends a little bit nicer. I was thinking of tacking the nuts to the tabs, if I didn't it would be near impossible to get the nut on.
  9. TDB

I went out for a nice ride after I finished swapping a Predator 212 onto my mini bike and ended up shredding my shoe on the exposed clutch.. no bueno. I looked a little bit online for a clutch cover but I didn't see anything that I really liked the look or the price of, so I thought what the...
  10. TDB

New member // My build

Ohh yes, a 67-68 c10 is my dream truck, but I'm in MN and everything here is rusty. This truck is actually pretty clean (for a MN truck) and it is a 2wd so it would make a nice hot rod. Ah what the heck I'll link a pic. Not nearly as good looking as a 67-68 but still pretty darn cool
  11. TDB

New member // My build

Yeah whatever I do next has to stay super budget, I found out there is a guy with a 73 GMC Sierra grande with a big block 454 just sitting outside waiting for some love... I think I should be able to find something vintage that's fairly complete for cheap, my cousin bought the Rupp (which was...
  12. TDB

New member // My build

Yeah the Monster Moto and Motovox bikes are the gateway drugs into a mini bike addiction LOL! Me and my cousin started out with them and now he has a 1970 Rupp roadster as well and I'm looking to buy something vintage for another project. The reason we even got the bikes in the first place is...
  13. TDB

New member // My build

That's a nice looking bike, and thanks you've been a huge help!
  14. TDB

New member // My build

Yeah I haven't been able to find much so I was considering just getting a blank sprocket and cutting out the bolt pattern myself, but if I can get split sprockets then I can change my gear ratio easily... I like this plan a lot. My end goal would be to get a CVT but that would be a little bit...
  15. TDB

New member // My build

Yeah I plan on getting a 60-65 tooth sprocket. I want to hit about 40 with the governor still in so it stays reliable, but I also don't want to loose any torque. The split sprocket doesn't sound like a bad idea.. I might look into that, Thanks!
  16. TDB

Rode to work ....

Haha that's awesome! My friend grenaded the rear end in his burban so he rode his super sketchy doodle bug 10 miles to school today and yesterday lol.
  17. TDB

New member // My build

Yeah I'm a small guy so it just books with the predator. The top speed isn't as high as the pos 80cc that was on it because I'm leaving the governor in, but now I don't have to flintstone it from every stop or up every hill lol. The hydraulic brake will lock up the wheel at any speed, I love it...
  18. TDB

New member // My build

New member to the forum, and first time ever joining a forum! I debated joining for a while because I don't actually have an old mini bike *yet* (well I guess mine will be old someday), I just have a predator swapped Monster Moto. But this forum has helped me out in the past so I figured maybe I...
  19. TDB

1970 rupp roadster with 212 predator

Since I now own your engine, I want to see an update on whatever you're deciding to do for the next set up lol
  20. TDB

new member // having trouble posting

Awesome, I'm good to go now then.