Search results

1. T

New build

Oh really? I can blast it back off then, didn't figure it would hurt the belt
  2. T

New build

Got some parts in. Engine, tires, brake caliper and such. I'll get started once I finish cleaning out and rearranging my crappy little shop. I'm going to make an aluminium engine mount with maybe 10° tilt and integrated jackshaft. May not tilt if I can clear the TC driven without it. Got my old...
  3. T

Anyone tried these Chinese cheapo carbs?

I'll have to pick one up then, once I've got the frame done. Wanted to do a custom intake that bent back around and put the carb on top of the engine facing forward where it was a little more protected.
  4. T

Anyone tried these Chinese cheapo carbs?

$25 for carb and air cleaner. Look at this on eBay 22mm Carburetor PZ22 Carb Air Filter For 110 125cc ATV Go Kart Pit Pro Dirt Bike | eBay
  5. T

Got it blasted and reassembled. Got some small cracks Around the rivets on the driven that I may weld a bit. Think I'll pick up some flat black engine paint and bake it on.
  6. T

Went and got the old torque converter from the barn. Dunno where the old base plate with jack shaft for it is, driven was originally held on with a welded over nut, whole kart was a basket case when I got it. I remember grinding off the nut when the jackshaft bearings went out. Been years ago...
  7. T

Grenada/Carrollton/Greenwood area. Bit far north of Gulfport sadly. And seven day work weeks don't help matters for planning trips. Nice for the funds though.
  8. T

First pic is my first rough drawing of a frame. Each square = 2" Second pic is how I'm planning to make my telescopic forks, not to scale.
  9. First drawings - frame

First drawings - frame

First image is my rough first drawing for my frame. One square equals 2". Second image is how I'll be making my forks from 7/8 ID bushings and tubing with lathe turned spring seats.
  10. First drawings - fork

First drawings - fork

First image is my rough first drawing for my frame. One square equals 2". Second image is how I'll be making my forks from 7/8 ID bushings and tubing with lathe turned spring seats.
  11. T

5th post so I can add a couple pictures.
  12. T

Well I ordered a 60T. 72 I think would be just too big. I can drop to a 9T driver if need be.
  13. T

Ok so it looks like I'm going to need to buy a welder

I like my Lincoln Pro Core 125 at Lowe's for a bit over $400 IIRC. You really won't get over 90 amps out of a 110v welder, practically speaking.
  14. T

Guess I was overestimating the ratio of the T/C. I'll order a 70 driven and if it's still too tall when it's done then drop to a 10T driver. Any guys running solo seats with the springs? How do those compare to a swing arm? Easier to design and build for sure but I don't wanna knock my...
  15. T

Always wanted a mini bike as a kid, guess my parents were too smart for that, I had 4 wheel toys. But now I'm grown and can do what I want. Just ordered a 212 hemi predator. Got an old TAV2 drive and driven from an old kart. Ordered some 20x7- 8 wheels and knobby tires, 12 & 54T...