Search results

1. A

Belt Widths and Performance?

So, what would make a company choose to use a Salsbury 500 that's a 1" belt series over say a Comet 20 Series? Maybe there were limited TC options then? Does Belt width effect performance or longevity? I'm working on my trailmate which was missing the driver and the driven is pretty rusted up...
  2. A

New Project Trailmate!!

Hey Guys, I scored a trailmate yesterday, for cheap. It's mostly complete but had a replacement motor in the form of a Kohler 7hp. Unfortunately it's missing a drive clutch, I think what I'm going to do is try and find a 5hp tecumseh and replace the entire torque converter with a Comet. I'll...
  3. A

El Burro Frame dimensions?

Could I trouble someone to take some frame measurements from their El Burro for me, I'm going to build a copy and it would be nice to have a jumping off point. I was originally going to replicate and started a Trapper frame but changed my mind as I like the Sand N Sno better. I guess the more...
  4. A

Bonanza MB200

I'm "restoring" this Bonanza for my daughter to ride. Its an MB200 as far as I can tell, Her name is Scout so I thought it was fitting. Here is a few pictures of the progress to date. I found a couple of bad welds after wire wheeling so I got those welded up and primed it. I'll keep you guys...
  5. A

New Guy from Alaska

Hey Guys, Awesome site, tons of great info. I originally wanted to build a trapper trail copy or El Burro copy but have gotten semi-sidetracked with restoring a Bonanza MB200 for my daughter. I'll post pics of the current progress in the other forum when I get done here. I also have a Bird Eng...