Search results

1. yellow azusa

Predator 212 Clutch Shaft Bolt Seized

Thanks guys. No, I never use thread locker on this bolt. Just a cut washer. And yes, It is set to lefty loosie! I'll try the hammer then heat/ bolt extractor... Thanks for the tip on using sockets or box end wrenches!
  2. yellow azusa

Predator 212 Clutch Shaft Bolt Seized

I installed a brand new max torque clutch (3/4" #35 12T) on my son's minibike yesterday. He rode for about an hour and when he came home he said the clutch was "making noise and smelled like it was getting hot". When I tried to use the impact to remove the bolt on the end of the shaft, it was...
  3. yellow azusa

What mini bike can I buy new right now?

I bought an Azusa with 8" wheels and put this disc brake kit on it. Stops on a dime! http://www.minichopperssocal.com/MINIBIKE-AZ-8.html
  4. yellow azusa

Who makes a good center exit header?

I have an Azusa with the predator 212 non-hemi and I've gone through three headers all of which have broken at the weld just like this one. Does anybody know where I can find a good strong center exit header with a silencer?
  5. yellow azusa

Azusa Throwing Chain

That's probably the least effort path. I'll see if I can slide some washers in there!
  6. yellow azusa

Azusa Throwing Chain

The clutch sprocket is already facing inboard and is as far as it will go on the shaft. Not excited about re-mounting the disk brake. Dremmeling the keyway further on the shaft is an interesting idea. Would a machine shop be able to do that for me? Wondering if one of these shaft sleeves...
  7. yellow azusa

Azusa Throwing Chain

I can't get my clutch sprocket to align with the rear sprocket. Wondering if anyone else with Azusa's has this issue. The Max Torque Clutch Sprocket is too far out on the shaft to get into alignment with the rear sprocket. I have pushed it as far inboard as I can and the chain gets thrown...
  8. IMG_35192

IMG_35192

9. IMG_35185

IMG_35185

10. IMG_35173

IMG_35173

11. yellow azusa

Predator 212 knock after installing ARC Flywheel

Thanks Ole4. Really appreciate your help. I'm not an expert but it sounds like a rod knock. Kind of like the sound an engine makes when it is about to stall. The noise is definitely coming from the crank case (only at idle). When RPMs are slightly above idle, it goes away. I raised the idle so...
  12. yellow azusa

Re-gapp'd the coil to .030 and torqued the flywheel to 54 pound ft. Still hear a knock at idle. Goes away when the rpms are a little higher. It was not anywhere near near 54 ft lbs. Took about another 3/4 turn with the torque wrench to get it there. I did a visual inspection of the flywheel...
  13. yellow azusa

Thanks Guys. Yes, I got the correct fly-wheel (non-hemi). I bet the the gap is too close. Also, I didn't torque it to spec. Just used my impact wrench which I'm sure is not spec! I'll take the fan shroud off and check it out tomorrow. Hopefully no damage :)
  14. yellow azusa

I removed the old cast iron flywheel, and coil, applied valve grinding compound, seated the new flywheel, cleaned off the compound, reinserted the key, then installed the new flywheel, pull start bell, coil. I thought it was gap'd at .03 but I can check it again. Would the coil gap being off...
  15. yellow azusa

Installed the ARC Billet Flywheel a few days ago and the engine now has an audible knock when at idle. Goes away when it is slightly above idle. I have not put the billet connecting rod or mod 2 cam in yet. Stock rod/ cam. This is the non-hemi. Any ideas?
  16. yellow azusa

Billet Flywheel / Connecting Rod Necessary?

Thanks Tweety! Imagine that! Operating instructions are in the manual? :) Good to know that's the right plug. I can tell a significant difference between the autolite and the stock plug. Really appreciate it.
  17. yellow azusa

OK, installed the proper size jet in the mikuni 22 (size 115). Also installed the billet flywheel. Bike runs much stronger and revs higher but one thing my son noticed is that sometimes the pull chord will violently "snap back" when he tries to start it. It doesn't do this every time but it...
  18. yellow azusa

Figured it out! The bolts holding the carb onto the engine had backed out. Put some locktight on them. It is definitely still running rich (at 5k ft altitude here) so I ordered a smaller jets and will put that on when the new flywheel arrives.
  19. yellow azusa

Well, I decided to take the mini bike around the block this evening and it started on the first pull, ran fine for a few minutes then it started to hesitate and died after a few seconds of running rough. I wasn't running WOT, just cruising. I walked the bike home and pulled the brand new plug...
  20. yellow azusa

OK. Sounds like billet rod and flywheel are next on the list... Any reason not to do the mod 2 cam while we are in there?