Search results

1. N

Quality throttle discussion

Hey mini bikers. Been working on rebuilding my doodlebug and am trying to get some insight on throttles. This would be for stock handlebar size at 7/8". I probably bought 4 throttle assemblies last year and saw my friends struggle as well. They were the cheap plastic tubes that had the...
  2. N

Pull cord tension so high after valve spring change

To close out this thread I have found the issue and learned a few things. It was not coil bind as a member stated pull the spark plug and the engine should move freely which it did. I did some research online and did some toying around. Apparently there is only one top dead center. The piston...
  3. N

Thanks guys, Ill start with the lash again. It was slightly difficult setting it and then tightening the lock nut. It would slightly tighten it more when tightening down the lock nut. Also, would you expand on the potential of coil binding? I'm not familiar with what that is or what to do...
  4. N

Hey crew, So I have a newer non-hemi 212 predator. I applied the stage 1 kit form OldMiniBikes and also added a flywheel to the equation. I added most of the parts and noticed that after the fact the pull cord was soooooo tense when trying to pull the engine by the valves. I did some trail and error and...