Search results

1. Mr. Pink

Smog pump supercharger

I was assuming it would be plumbed with the compressed air before the carburetor like this. Yeah, diagram is a turbocharger not a supercharger.
  2. Mr. Pink

Smog pump supercharger

How would any of the oil mixed into the gas make it into the internals of the pump?
  3. Mr. Pink

The crap you find while working on old houses

This has had me puzzled for a while now. Why would someone install this valve inside a cabinet in the laundry room plumbed to the cold water supply? No other holes are drilled in the cabinet. House is about 20 years old and I am the third owner. Both the washing machine and sink in the laundry...
  4. Mr. Pink

Smog pump supercharger

First glance thought you said offset bolts.
  5. Mr. Pink

But can your switch "kill"?

That is what is known as a DPST (double pole, single throw) switch. Or if you are gonna get fancy with the LED side of your circuit, you go with a DPDT (double pole, double throw) switch.
  6. Mr. Pink

Will an aluminum exhaust pipe melt? Yes.

Slotted bracket for adjustable timing?
  7. Mr. Pink

A-cat battery module

Instead of reinventing the wheel, why don't you use a brake lever that already incorporates a micro switch?
  8. Mr. Pink

what are you listening to v.2.0

Yep! I was sure I still had this. Quick find too, wife had my collection alphabetized.
  9. Mr. Pink

A-cat battery module

A $10 Harbor Freight multimeter will work in a pinch. But the test leads and connectors are kinda flimsy. A nice Fluke along with quality alligator clip jumper wires are a good investment.
  10. Mr. Pink

A-cat battery module

I’m assuming that you have a second battery. One in use while the other one is being charged. To see if one or more of your components is drawing more current than your battery can handle, take your second battery and temporarily hook it up in PARALLEL with the first battery. That will give you...
  11. Mr. Pink

Homemade headlight brackets

Being that the bracket is so short, I do not think that it would make any significant difference being made of steel or aluminum. If vibration becomes an issue, I would try using rubber washers or grommets. If you go the rubber route, you will also need to use nylon lock nuts, as you do not...
  12. Mr. Pink

engine grounding

Yes, I was making the assumption that the condenser is grounded to engine case through its mounting bracket. I also made the assumption that the other grounding point at the flywheel also was in contact with the engine case. Either way, an auxiliary grounding wire will do the trick.
  13. Mr. Pink

engine grounding

I'm thinking that even if the engine is electrically isolated from the frame (paint). There should still should be spark and just the kill switch would not function.
  14. Mr. Pink

Wanted amusement park go kart body

While it's not the body style you are searching for, I think this one is pretty cool.
  15. Mr. Pink

Centrifugal Clutch vs Torque Converter

Cool idea, but I would suggest starting a new thread and asking your question there.
  16. Mr. Pink

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

Read all the comments. The builder says "I have less than $200 invested. The tracks came off an old snowmobile, and the base was a zero turn mower headed for scrap."
  17. Mr. Pink

Rose Rambler project